Loose front hood scoop

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT 392' started by junglas, Dec 28, 2015.

1. junglas

junglas Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    So I was washing her up with a high pressure hose and then the plastic hood scoop gave way. I did not notice until later, I saw that one of the lower brackets are a little more into the hood scoop compartment than the rest of the plastic piece. So I opened up the hood and pushed it from the inside gently just enough to get the lower bracket to click into the hood itself. But when it did click the one on the other end came loose, so I had to get extra hands to hold it from both ends so that I could push and click them equally into place. The finish on the front grill and hood scoop is really cheap if you take a look up close, but I am committed to my Charger no matter what... I will take her to the dealer on her next service to see if they can strengthen the part somehow. Did this ever happen to anyone?

And sorry I could not get any photos never occurred to me to take some when it happened I was too aggravated lol. If it happens again I'll take photos.

2. Frank

Frank Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, happened to my challenger , kept coming off so dealer ordered me a new one.
    No problems with the new one, have your dealer order one for you.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. junglas

junglas Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    God damn it! I'll have some parts ordered soon enough. Thanks!

4. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not sure what you mean by "high pressure hose" but if you mean and actual high pressure washer like mine - 2500 PSI or more, I wouldn't use that to wash car at all.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  5. junglas

junglas Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    It certainly isn't as high as 2500 psi, it's one of those hose pistols it can kick water up to 30 ft. But it's not like that powerful. My argument is that the finish on the front grills and scoop is rather cheap and full of plastics. But I love her still❤️❤️