Losing Hope, even for a 2016

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Tazman, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just e-mailed my dealer. Zero of their 6 orders has come through yet. They didn't even get the 1 Day Allocation - "Order an M6", from a couple of weeks ago.

How does FCA completely ignore a dealership?

What happened to the 1 Hellcat Per month thing to dealers from back in March / Late February? There are cars still sitting on dealer's lots that are getting more cars.

Being 3rd in line at a small dealer... I understand why I don't have a car or VIN yet... but #1 and #2 not getting anything yet (and those were day one orders) just boggles my mind at this point. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think much of it has to do with the dealers "standing" with FCA in relation to sales and other functions. Many of the HC's still coming in and on dealer lots are from many of the duplicate orders placed by folks...many now have their HC's. When or if canceled by the customer, the dealers didn't cancel in the FCA system and just let them come on through anyway...just my opinion...I saw 14 new HC's on Cargurus.com today...some may be sold orders though.

3. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It was 1 hellcat per month for each dealer that sells enough cars to make the cut. If it were straight up 1 car per dealer per month then that'd be over 2000 allocations every month across the country.

My suggestion for 2016, find a bigger dealer

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There are cars out there you just need to get a dealer who is in the car business not a hobby business.

5. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    if your going to just sit back and wait for your 1 order to go through then yea--you may not get even a 2016

if you spend some time and try you will find your A8 HC somewhere next year

took me ONE WEEK in January 2015 to find mine for msrp....you should have been trying harder during the winter and maybe you'd have your car...you picked a rare color...you made it hard on yourself with that color...i recommend picking a 2nd or even 3rd color and when the 2016's come out go across the country and find your car...

sitting waiting in line is not a good way to get a car

i think if you sit back and do nothing, wait for your order to go through....yea you may have nothing next year

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. rubbel

rubbel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I agree with huggytree. although I had a VON at MSRP I continued to contact multiple dealerships. That paid off a few months later when one called and offered me a car at MSRP when the original purchaser passed away before taking delivery.
    I have a car today because of the time spent contacting dealers throughout the country trying to locate a car.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Roostking

Roostking Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Having my name on the window sticker is not worth the aggravation. When Im ready, ill search nationwide, find the right deal and go from there.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    With cars on the lot and High ADM, the allocations were supposed to go to dealers that didn't have cars and had sold orders.

My point was that those dealers were / are still getting allocation.... even with unsold inventory on their lots.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's not about having my name on the sticker.

It's about having an exact match for what I ordered, and not paying ADM.

That said... I will probably start looking across the country for next year's models.

10. Shake&Bake

Shake&Bake Back to (1) Club?

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I certainly think its important to get what you want. Nothing like paying 70K and settling for something. But, unfortunately, sometimes that comes as a premium. I also understand not paying ADM, but that isn't putting a Hellcat in your driveway. I think you should also factor fees involved with buying your car out of state, taxes, fees, shipping etc. if you can find one for
    $ 2500.00 over, it may wind up the same money in the end?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hugh Jorgan

Hugh Jorgan Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I wrote Tim K an email a month and a half ago and got a boilerplate response from Jeff shortly thereafter. A follow up email got me nowhere. Less than 2 weeks ago, at my dealer's uging, I sent another email and presented Tim with the VIN if a car that was ordered after mine and was being delivered the following week. I asked how this could be. Well, I sent that email a week ago last Monday and that Thursday I received an email from Jeff with a VIN and a build date of 6/29 which has now been updated to the week of 6/22. Could this have been a case of the squeaky wheel getting the grease or coincidence? I guess I'll never know, but I would like to think so.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. 707hpcharger

707hpcharger Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hugh, you saying your original order now has a vin?
    You gonna take that one too or pass?

13. HELLKAT_NY

HELLKAT_NY Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's all about allocation, if your dealer doesn't have any and takes your deposit your out of luck, sorry, just the truth. They'll keep you lassoed in as long as they can. My dealer got an allocation on 5/28 put in an order for me and it's being delivered next month. They can say what they want. Without allocation they have nothing. They're just giving false hope to wanna be HC owners hoping eventually they can fulfill it. Remember, us here on the forums have more knowledge than most dealers.

• Like Like x 2
  14. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow, in my humble opinion, that is a mistake, the price is going next year and if you think you are locked into the price, think twice. You need to find one and purchase it, as I said before Carpe Diem!!!! This whole ordering system is all screwed up, take charge of the situation use autotrader, craigs list, etc. and get the car. Ordering one and waiting 9 months is not the way to go (no offense for those waiting), I just do not trust the system, and that goes across the board. Then again I have OCD

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Roostking

Roostking Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    That wasnt meant at you per se, just a general thought, but I did kind of that thats what you were thinking since you said "losing hope for 2016". I wouldnt worry, itll happen