Losing Hope

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by RDLSRT, Jan 14, 2015.

1. RDLSRT

RDLSRT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just spoke to my dealer today. They got 0 (ZERO) allocated for January. There are 15 on the waiting list. At least he is honest about it.

Considering I am not willing to pay over MSRP, I WILL be waiting a long time to get one. I am speechless beyond this......

2. CivilEngineer42

CivilEngineer42 Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The allocation numbers were very, very small my dealer got 1 Challenger and 1 Charger..........:(

3. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I assume it was ~500 again like December. But I also assume that the January allocations wouldn't go to who got the December allocations.....come on Dodge, at least tell us you're spreading them out a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CivilEngineer42

CivilEngineer42 Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My dealer has not gotten any Allocations since the first round in September.......He got 2 Challengers the first time........

5. CivilEngineer42

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't lose hope there will be another allocation in Febuary.......It will come but it might be a while.....With the way Chrysler is allocating them out 1 and 2 at a time.........Been waiting since September, my dealer just got allocated one, but BX and no VIN so I still don't have anything but worthless VON......

6. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    With Abe finding one at just a couple k over MSRP, if your patient I believe you will find one in the next few months. Hang in there.

7. BK2-Hellcat

BK2-Hellcat VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I feel your pain..... 9/9, VON and nothing since....... zero allocations at the dealer........ Of course there are local dealers with allocations if I wanted to pay above MSRP (No thanks).

It would appear, to me at least, that the same dealers keep getting rewarded with allocation. Almost like a buy-off or favored status.... no wait..... that's a conspiracy theory.....

I try to get information from anyone that knows anything (Dealer, SRT etc) and nobody is saying anything other than zero allocation. Someone corporately needs to step up and address issues and implement changes to make things better/right. Backlogged orders need to start being filled at a faster pace.

That's ok.... New cts-v coming.... new GT350...... new raptor..... there are alternate choices out there....

Again, kudos to all that have received hellcats. But if anyone claims this allocation system is fair, I've got oceanfront property in Denver to sell.

BrianK

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CivilEngineer42

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You will have Beach Front when all of us over here in California Fall Off into the Ocean during the "THE BIG ONE":D
    But I do totally agree as for now the system in place does not seem fair at all since there are people that have been waiting for months on end and not a word one.:mad:

9. Jim Hetrick

Jim Hetrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Which dealer are you using

10. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They are building plenty of them, just like when they first came out it took 8 months to get one. They will be a dime a dozen by summer. bet you can find several before March. at MSRP.

11. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i found one for msrp last week....why cant you find one?

try
    try some more,
    try again

ive seen a few opportunities since and it didnt appear anyone jumped on them......check here daily and buy one

12. Eric Zuccaro

Eric Zuccaro Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Why so hung up on MSRP? I get it, sucks to pay more than MSRP on anything, if u want the car pay the VIG and smile as u drive away, you'll soon forget, also if your financing the car, break it down, cost you very little increase in payment. Just my opinion, lots of stubborn people, it's only $, this car will bring a smile to your face and everyone around u.

13. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would do this, except every dealer within 150 mi's seems to think that MSRP + $20,000 is a justified cost for the car. Time to move..

14. RDLSRT

RDLSRT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I really like the car, but I don't like the way Dodge handled the roll out. I realize by summer, or later summer there will plenty to go around. And you might even get one below MSRP... you never know.

That's 6 months away, do I want to pay an additional $300 to $800 a month to drive one now? That's how I do the math, $2,000 to $5,000 over MSRP/ by the additional month I wouldn't have to wait. Also, if you finance the car that additional interest you pay on the financed amount for years. If you travel out of state to get, your paying more than MSRP anyway. Travel cost.. etc.

I guess I should just not complain... shut up and wait. It is what it is...

15. CivilEngineer42

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How much over MSRP.......10K 15K 20K...........