Lots of updates upon checking in to service for the first time

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat TSB's' started by DGatzby, Oct 5, 2015.

1. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dropped it off this morning for the "leaking radiator", and a mysterious power steering fluid leak as primary problems. Officially logged the dents on the right roof (those are my torque stripes), & leather stretch. Lady asked me if I was going to wait for it. That was entertaining, must be something they automatically offer at this dealer, but moving along....

Strange was that It has a tranny and PCM software update. Not the radio or security, so I did not error. Build date was mid-Feb. I am nearly certain it received the February tranny flash at the factory. I had not heard that we had two updates to the "important" files. I looked at my very good friend over the years (Service Manager) and grinned and said, it is still stock, go ahead and take care of it. I am curious to see if it really takes those updates or not to make it current.

We are going to consult the PDR and senior Dodge officials about the torque stripes. At this point we are going to do nothing, but listen to Dodge and their position.

They are going to send it over to the finishing shop and get additional foam in that seat. I will keep this tread also to report how this goes. Nothing seemed unusual, I told them I was fine with Thursday or Friday for completion. In a real quality move he added it would be stored inside. Good folks, as some of the other Twin Cities owners got their cars from Fury would agree.

What are they doing with the radiators to others? Another of the same? Have they determined why most are failing? Different?

David

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just the split potential on the radiator seams. Remove and Replace if low tech tool doesn't fit smoothly during gauging test...

PCM flash 2...sounds familiar but I'm no expert there. Adding foam to seats...heard that before.

Sounds like a great service department...gotta get that Jazz Blue back up and runnin'!

3. DGatzby

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think it was the first time ever, I drove it over very sane. It is too cold out, those tires really do not like cold pavement, and our engine loves cold air.

I don't think they will "cheep" my radiator fix. The guy running the show knows the radiator had its chance and this car will be pushed again in the same way on a much hotter day.

So I did see an oil temp of like 265 degrees that day! For example driving to the dealer, everything about 20 minutes on the interstate.....

image.jpg

4. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had a couple updates in mine, was in for a seat issue and they took care of it and a cooler failed and they did another update when is was in for that.

I am going there on Thurs to have a shock replaced and they will check the numbers and make sure its up to date.

Overall the service has been good. Just a shame that I have been there with 3 issues in six months and only 2,600 miles. My GT500 now with 11k miles never had one issue. But the Hellcat is got some crazy things on it.

5. Brandon

Brandon Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    which dealership do you take it to?

6. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you are asking me Griffin in Milwaukee. They seem to treat the car well.

7. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

• Like Like x 3
  8. DGatzby

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Fury, S St. Paul.

9. Brandon

Brandon Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    sounds good, thanks a bunch! I've had some issues on other cars with some of the other local dealers for warranty work and its nice to know a good one is around!

10. DGatzby

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Popped the radator lower passenger side they told me this morning. Those things must be genuine POS's! If I pop another one next year when we nail it again, I am going to count to about four of them and declare a Lemon Law and have me a new Hellcat. So they better figure it out. Power steering was probably overfilled from the factory.

New radiator going in, they had one in a warehouse in Minneapolis, so they were working on it this morning. All is good except nobody cares to be accountable for an unusual amount of failures.

11. JBS$

JBS$ Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A shout out for Steve White Dodge, Jeep in Hickory, NC. I did not purchase my car from them, but, have used them as my servicing Dealer. They have also been sponsors for this site. My experience with them has been great and if you are in the general area, I recommend using them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DGatzby

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It looks fine, drives the same.
    New radiator with evac/recharge of AC
    Recall - UConnect
    Flash Software 2 TCM
    Flash Software 1 PCM
    1/16 qt overfill PS fluid

Shout out to Ken and his crew at Fury, Summer did a great job for me. Great job, even kept it inside the entire week, they were incredible sensitive to making sure they took care of my car. FYI I purchased this unit out of State, they did not care a bit.

So as expected we are awaiting Dodge to approve of a seat/leather fix. I will need to drag myself and my car to them again for that. But, because of that, I will await as high a power as necessary from Dodge or SRT to tell me why I have the mystery dents and what they are going to do about it. Oh, hint PDR won't be accepted, I have read about this in another internet location and know what is up. Now that will be a personal thing, because I first reported that to the infamous "Jeff" at SRT within two weeks of purchase only to be ignored! Read this JOHN DODGE. Trouble in paradise and I am coming your way. If necessary I will get out Tim's and Kelley's Email addresses again.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SuperChallenger

SuperChallenger Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Glad things worked out Dgatzby. I had to have the uconnect replaced and several updates done on mine recently, no radiator issues(yet) fingers crossed.
    Superchallenger

14. redraptor

redraptor Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Interesting.

15. DGatzby

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well, how many radiators have to fail?
    How many seats need to look like hell and need stuffing?
    Finally why do so many cars have dents and ripples that either come from the factory or appear from torque, that flexes the body causing dimples?

Great car and certainly I love it and accept it, and they are repairing it. But for an entire week Dodge has not responded in a timely manner to a very fair dealer attempting to make a customer happy, who spent lots of cash on one of their flagship vehicles. I predict the seat gets taken care of, but it requires another visit, but the dimples and their response and any accountability shall be "interesting".