Lurker finally saying hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Paul Elkins, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Paul Elkins

Paul Elkins Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've been lurking on this site almost since it was set up. Signed up with an account back in November but this is the first time I'm posting anything.

Like many I had put an order in back in early August when they first anticipated the order banks would open. Finally got a VON in September when they did finally open. After that a whole lot of chirping crickets.

In mid November a dealership offered me first dibs on a customer canceled order that was incoming to them and I jumped at it. Took possession on 11/21 of a Phantom Black M6 Challenger with black laguna leather seats. From the paperwork it looks like it was built 11/4.

Being in the Chicago area I quickly put 500 miles on it to get past the initial break in period and have had to suffer without it since. Actually for the last month it's been sitting up at a local airbush/paint shop where it's slowly getting a fair amount of "bling" work done on it. Cosmetic modification, and perhaps new wheels and tires are the only mods I intend on doing to it for the next few years, but hell, I can change my mind on that in less than 24 hours. I was set on not doing any airbrush work to it for the first year and within a month of getting it I was already sitting down with my painter working out a plan.

Picture I took of it with my cellphone when I went to pick it up. I've taken others since then with my camera but this is really still the best one to date due to light coming in through the dealerships windows.
    [​IMG]

2. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and congrats! Beautiful car. I can't wait to see what mods you do. If you have been lurking, you know I am all about mods and making my car different from all the rest. I hope you have enjoyed the information here and look forward to more posts. ENJOY!:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bad arse ride man! Mods here we come! Welcome to the site!

• Like Like x 1
  4. BKuz

BKuz Retired American Fighting Man

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Paul Elkins

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah I've read your rather extensive threads Tammie, you certainly inject some happy personality into the crowd.

First step as I said is the paint, which is usually the inverse of what I normally do but I'm not going to mess with the car much mechanically for a few years. Had enough problems with the paint though. I wanted a polished bronze. Unfortunately it doesn't really exist for urethane based paints which is what my guy is most comfortable with. I wanted to keep him with comfortable materials because the artwork will be a pain in the butt. Seurat and his pointilism style doesn't easily lend itself to airbrushing which is one of the reasons it's taking forever.

[​IMG]

Ended up with this paint, which is more bronze pipe fitting than polished bronze, but I think it'll look good after it's all done. He's going to attempt to ghost it so it comes across as less severe.

[​IMG]

That's for the hood, but there will be reverse c stripes with additional artwork incorporated into them, plus a lot of detail work like badging, brake calipers, etc.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  6. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello Paul, and welcome! I like your color choice, similar to the Toxic Orange that I want on Dante! Looking forward to pictures when your car is done!

April

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow! That is going to be awesome!!! I cannot wait to see the pics when he gets it done! Believe it or not, I am pretty much always a happy person and some people probably find me very annoying. I have enough stinky personality to not give a shizzy though so, it balances out pretty well.

I am really glad you joined. I love the color you picked and am excited to see your mods. Are you going to change the wheels out? That will look sick with black rims or even the brass monkey. Please keep posting as you continue your mods. Thanks:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome Paul to our friendly group, nice wheels!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Paul Elkins

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow, lol it didn't really hit me until you said it, but you're absolutely right that is very close to Toxic Orange. That was unintended on my part, but I always loved the Toxic Oranges as well. My previous Challenger was a 392 GWE, 2011 was a very good year for colors!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Paul Elkins

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have the black stock wheels, and was looking around for a good set of show wheels when my wife told me my youngest needed braces. There goes the wheels for this year at least!

11. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well, the positive is you are getting chrome one way or another! LMAO! :D

• Like Like x 1