M-6 Roll on power

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Ahldo123, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Ahldo123

Ahldo123 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am wondering how other M-6's are hooking up on roll on throttle, Not dumping the clutch - I have had 2 - 392 IE challengers 1 manual the other auto, both of these cars would light the tires up quicker than the ABS could handle until the computer realized what was going on than would apply the torque management. First off I am not complaining about my cat and am not looking to peel the tires off of it I am just looking for the general concensus as to what other people are experiencing because I am not experiencing the wheel spin that many people talk about. I have like 800 miles now and have tried hard accel's with all modes including holding the traction button till it says off on traction in drive mode screen. My car does accel and chirp the tires and occasionally will spin but mostly just chatters a bit I can hit 2nd gear fairly quick and hard to only get a chirp. If this is how well its supposed to hook up I am happy, if others are experiencing a rubber BBQ than I would probably need to pay a visit to my dealer to look into. Just want some feedback because I would think with the power these cars have it would turn the tires as good if not better than the 392's. again I don't want people to think I want to obliterate my tires as I do have self control (sometimes Ha Ha!!) just what people are finding when they pound the throttle on a roll with all traction/stability off.

2. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine is like yours. However, I too heard tales of others that blaze the hides when they stab the throttle. I have noticed that my boost pressure never exceeds 10 pounds, while others have hit 11, perhaps that is much of it? I can tell it's stronger with the red key fob present and max power is selected, but it doesn't seem as brutal as it should.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Your boost is preset it's not showing full 11 because a few reasons weather elevation water grains plus that 1 lbs your not seeing isn't like the car lost 86hp there is formula
    To see exact number but first three I mentioned has a huge part to it

And try let car cool down reset the battery and go for a spin in the night time 60s or less temps

4. Ahldo123

Ahldo123 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The night I hit 500 Mi I took a hard accel on the interstate cruising at 75 dropped to 3rd wound up through the gears I hit 135 pretty quick and boost went right up to 11 only notice it gets higher boost when its in upper rpm which I figured It would do. But before I hit 500 mi it didn't seem to go over 9.5 is this possible or am i just smoking the crack pipe?

5. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think it depends on where you are talking about applying the pedal down in the rpm range. I can loose traction if I am higher in the rpms and drop the pedal but lower rpms tends to just build up and hook all the way.

6. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Also, some folks mention hitting 10.5 or other numbers on boost pressure, but mine only reads whole numbers; With black key, I see 6 pounds, with red fob and max power, it will be at 9, then at higher rpms it clicks to 10, but I never see any decimal sign and have never seen 9.5 or 10.5, why would my display only round to full pounds instead of including the half pound increments? I have noticed that at full throttle, once the revs get high enough in first gear it hits a point where the power exceeds traction and it will start spinnin' and if I shift fast to second and lay into it, then it WILL smoke the hides big time through second gear. But if I shift gingerly, and then floor it, I retain traction through second and all the other later gears. Of course, this is the Phoenix area, and the streets and air is HOT, my intake air temp is like 130 degrees, maybe that's a big part of it too.

7. Ahldo123

Ahldo123 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am talking about 2500 or so RPM's than hammer down. Im sure dropping the clutch is a given as I stated earlier but I just thought it would do nasty things on a roll, again not looking to replace tires every other week just experimenting don't want to end up like that poor Bast@rd with the red Z06 trying out his launch control on the back road -Ouch!!!!

8. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    At 2500 I would not spin. Maybe a little squealing as the rpms build but no going up in smoke.

9. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's the pipe

10. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Is your problem Arizona

11. Ahldo123

Ahldo123 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah I figured as much,:cool: but does anything else unlock when they hit 500mi other than the launch control? I was wondering if like the computer wouldn't allow full boost until 500mi

12. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yea your confidence to drive the f out of her

13. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine blazes the tires, A8 not M6 but on a roll if you mash the gas, it should blaze them (assuming you are not luggin at 1,100 rpm in the gear). The M6 should have more power to the tires since there is less power train loss than A8.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thats right my brother

15. cruizinrc

cruizinrc HCC New Jersey State President Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm kinda surprised how my car is easy to drive from videos I've seen I thought it would be spinning tires everywhere and scare the shit out of me but its not like that at all don't get me wrong it flys I've wound out first a few times and punched it here and there and not really interested in spinning tires as I'm a anal clean freak
    Ron
    Also car only has 450 miles on her