M6 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat? (POLL)

Discussion in 'Hellcat News and Site Announcements' started by cereal killer, May 27, 2015.

?

Should Dodge Drop a M6 option into the Charger SRT Hellcat?

1. Oh HELL(cat) yeah!! Take my money now!

19 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. What?! It's a sedan! Ok, crazy fast sedan, but No!

43 vote(s)
    47.8%
  3. It's a great idea. I just may be interested!

14 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. I don't care either way, but if it was my only choice. I'd get one.

14 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. cereal killer

cereal killer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    [​IMG]

Ladies and gentlemen we were having a discussion here at Hellcat.org headquarters on the possibility of Dodge offering up the M6 option in future Charger SRT Hellcat's. As you all know it's an available option on the Challenger SRT Hellcat so why not in the Chargers? A quick search through the forum's reveals there is a demand, but how big of a demand is the million dollar question.

Whether you are a current owner, or are just thinking about buying a Charger SRT Hellcat, we encourage you to please vote in the poll and leave your comments. Challenger SRT Hellcat owners we'd like to hear from you as well. If you were in the market, would a M6 Charger SRT Hellcat appeal to you and would it be your first choice? Maybe that's why you passed on the Charger SRT Hellcat (no M6 option) in the first place?

We will be forwarding this poll directly to Dodge and if there is enough interest hopefully they will consider dropping a manual into the beast. If the consumers want it, lets see if we as a community can make it happen. Make sure to share this post as well via those Social Media buttons above. The more votes the better!

Get your votes in today! Thanks you!

2. mowe

mowe Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think your 2015 numbers will be skewed. Many folks are ordering a manual option in the Challanger due to the limited availability of the automatic. If the choice had been open with no constraints you would see a 80-20 fallout if not worst.

Thanks,

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. 1SickVeilsideZ

1SickVeilsideZ Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That would be a dream come true for me. I would jump all over it if they offered it in manual trans.

4. noboost4you

noboost4you <Insert witty title here>

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    If M6 was the only option, I wouldn't have purchased the Charger. Manual gearboxes used to be better performers over automatics, but not by today's standards. I love my A8 in the Charger.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MikeD1

MikeD1 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Posts from the last few days pretty much tell the story IMO. After months of crazy ADM's, lots of allocations out there popping up (M6 only) & dealers are offering the cars @ MSRP to find buyers. Guys are signing on for them, but if they were A8 allocations it would be a feeding frenzy ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i didn't vote, I like the idea but I don't want one

7. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Leave the Charger alone in that area. Fix the darn radiators !

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SRT HC

SRT HC BANNED

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Though I chose "B", in truth, I don't care if a manual were an option. I just wanted the automatic and wouldn't purchase if there wasn't an automatic.

9. Aus Eclipse

Aus Eclipse Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Well after having my A8 Charger for a few weeks now, I can safely say there is just no way I would go to a M6. This is coming from a guy who 5 years ago would have refused to have an auto. I suppose as with anything its personal preference, but if someone said they wanted a M6 and had never driven the A8 for a while I could understand. But for anyone that has been driving the A8 for a while, it is addictive and its hard to believe anyone could give it up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. cereal killer

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Let me ask you this, if it were available option when you first ordered would you have chosen it? (M6)

11. Aus Eclipse

Aus Eclipse Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Well all my previous V8 performance cars were manual and I swore that I would never go Auto, but when we moved to the US, initially I stupidly thought that the public transport in Houston might be good (like Singapore where I was living before). So when I bought the SRT392 Challenger I had to go with the Auto for the sole reason that I thought my wife would have to drive it sometimes and she cannot drive a manual (nor have she any inclination to learn, even putting fuel in the car is way too much effort for her). But after I got used to the A5 auto in the 392 with the paddle shift I thought this is the best of both worlds, standard auto in bad Houston traffic and manual shift with the paddles when my evil twin was behind the wheel.

The reading about the Hellcat and all the positive reviews about the A8 being faster, and more fuel efficient, I could wait to get my hands on that A8 and as I did not order, but searched and found one in transit to a dealer I could have pulled the PIN on a Challenger also, but I still would have only went for the A8. I see no other reason with todays auto technology to have the M, only maybe if my left quad and calf muscle where a bit weak I suppose the constant clutch action would help me beef up those muscles.

Note - so it was all a stupid accident as in the end the Houston public transport is very 1980's and I had to buy another car for my wife anyway

• Like Like x 1
  12. cereal killer

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for sharing that. So I'm assuming your vote was a "No" :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I didn't vote either. I love the idea BUT given that the demand for the A8 in the Challenger exceeds the demand for the M6 I would think it would be even more skewed toward the A8 in the Charger being a sedan.

I love the idea of having options for each individual buyer but I do think FCA made the right business decision on providing the Charger with the A8 only.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If I remember right there was a guy years ago when the charger was still a new model and he installed a six speed in a charger. He planned to make a kit available but stopped. There were rumors chrysler was somehow able to prevent him from doing it. I wonder if anyone else remembers this story.
    Also I would prolly buy a charger six speed over my challenger.

15. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    As if FCA cares about what we think. They can't even build the stufff they already sell. Might as well wish for communication first.

• Agree Agree x 1