M6 help

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Performance' started by ism58, Aug 10, 2015.

1. ism58

ism58 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Anyone have any advice on leaving the line with a M6? Also do you use the shift lights or launch control? If yes could you please let me know where you set the lights and RPMs. Thanks a bunch!!!!

2. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's a good question seems like alot at drag strip are auto but I heard 3500 for launch control but I also heard best times with out launch control . I haven't launched mine yet just got over my 500 miles my last drive but I'm currious and I have been looking at tires for rear for better grip. The one thing I wish FCA would of done was put at least 10 1/2 wide tires and upgraded drive shaft I believe with this much torque . I believe trans is good on both A8 or M6 but this would help lots getting out of the hole and would help this heavy car come off the like better. It seems now most people running at track have 10 1/2 wide drag radials and upgrade drive shaft which I think if you get wider tires you need the upgrade drive shaft. I would also like to know best drive shaft and the widest tires people use for the street and track . I don't have a car lift so will be using on the street . I have read so much about different tires being mounted on stock rims some 10 1/2 which I believe to wide and dont think many tire stores will mount these because of a liability. but would love to get my best choice when I buy . I know the vette comes stock with very wide tires I'm thinking 10 1/2 with the hellcat this would help keeping the vette from getting such a hole shot on the hellcat and on stock I'm hearing the cat will catch it on back end of quarter . I would love to have confidence about my chances when a vette pull beside me. I feel like if these changes were made hellcat with a driver that has little experence can run with the vette that's my goal . They are no hellcats around where I live but I see many vettes that think they are king of the road. I just want to prove them wrong. When I was a teenager my auto mech teacher at school helped me build a 350 motor had bored out big cam high riser dual pump Holley and headers dropped this in a 63 Chevy pickup truck I was able to out run lots of stock SS and 442 well I didnt turn a race down I did have big tires on the back . Very quick in the 1/8 and good in the quater after that they could get me on the back end but that was my bad ass truck . Wish I still had it . Dont know the HP but had lots . My high school teacher stoped teaching he had a shop browns eng he was building moters for bobby Allison racing team. Sadly he was killed in a plane crash. My wife's brother races stock cars in the 70s also and bobby Allison came and ate dinner with all them after meeting about there motors that was a special day for her netting bobby Allison the mech was bobby brown his shop was down the street from where I lived in Aberdeen , MS the shop is still in business being run by his son Robert brown racing engineers still building racing motors but not for NASCAR . We had a drag strip in Aberdeen but now is closed . As many that was racing in the 70s remember those days lots members my age our cars is all we had to do work on them all weekand race on weekends no computer games just out girlfriend and our fast cars

• Like Like x 1