M6 Launch and Burnout Question

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Stealthv8, Mar 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Stealthv8

Stealthv8 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey guys how's it going. So my question is for us m6 guys is what rpm and mode is the best for a 1/4 mile run?. Also what mode and gear do you use to burnout that won't mess up the tranny and clutch but give a nice burnout? Do you also hold the tc button till it completely goes off or keep it in a mode? Do you even use launch mode lol? Sorry for all the questions but better to be safe then sorry if you know what I mean. Much appreciated thank you

2. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just held the throttle around 3300 to 3500 for take off on my 11.69 run. Didnt use launch control

3. zerokiller

zerokiller VIP Hellcat Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What bighit said, I never use LC, you'll get a feel for her. I use 1st for BO's, sport mode, only use track mode on road courses, I launched in track mode by mistake once she wanted to bog a little, wasn't a good hole shot at all.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  4. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I turned tc all the way off. (Hold for 10 sec) also for burnouts i just side stepped to the gas from the brake. Kept it in 1st and just feathered the throttle around 50 mph for 5 seconds. 5 slow seconds. 1........2........3.......4.......5 then rolled out of it. Perfect

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Stealthv8

Stealthv8 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks guys appreciate it