METCO upper pulley install for HC

Discussion in 'Metco Motorsports' started by gilgamesh, Mar 29, 2016.

1. gilgamesh

gilgamesh Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hey guys,

Any place to find some nice step by step directions for installing your upper pulley? When I bought one for my GT500, you sent some nice directions that made it oh-so easy. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rick@Metco

Rick@Metco Gold Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

The pulley installation on the GT500 can be performed without disassembly of the supercharger, and we make a tool that is designed specifically for that particular pulley swap. The HC is very different - the supercharger pulley threads on the supercharger shaft, and so the swap requires that the supercharger snout be separated from the supercharger case. This is necessary so that the pins at the rear of the snout can be accessed in order to hold the shaft stationary while the pulley is un-threaded and the new pulley threaded into position. The separation of the snout from the blower requires the removal of the wipers, some underhood trim, and most importantly the top of the blower. The whole blower case is then angled upward so all of the snout fasteners can be accessed. As you can see, this process is much more comprehensive than your GT500, and as such we intentionally do not include instructions. Our concern is that including installation instructions may lead some inexperienced HC owners (not you! :) ) to think that if they can follow directions, they can handle this job, and this is not always the case.

There are some very detailed threads on this website that document the pulley swap process, so I suggest doing a search and reading a few of these threads to determine if this job is something you wish to take on. We can provide some assistance via email or phone, but we may not have all of the answers to your questions. When asked, we always suggest professional installation of our pulleys.

Please feel free to contact me. I will gladly help in any way possible:
    E: Rick@MetcoMotorsports.com
    P: 864-332-5929

• Like Like x 2
  3. gilgamesh

gilgamesh Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks, RIck. WHat about torque specs/pattern for the blower snout and lid when it is going back on?

4. gto19

gto19 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Check out my build......and i posted some pictures of the specs I got here on the site and other pictures that might help you

5. Rick@Metco

Rick@Metco Gold Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. gilgamesh

gilgamesh Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You guys are fantastic. Thank you!