Methanol injection

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Performance' started by gilgamesh, Nov 21, 2015.

1. gilgamesh

gilgamesh Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hey guys,

Does anyone have any experience with running Methanol on a HC? Or any FI car for that matter? I have a friend that suggested it to me but I honestly know shit about it and chemical enhancement on my cars scares me. I looked at some of the SNOW performance kits, with regards to running it on a DD.

What are people's thoughts?

2. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had a 2006 SRT10 that was supercharged and had meth injection. Meth will increase octane and increase power if you tune for it. Big negative for meth is if something happens to the pump while at WOT the engine could be toast. This is providing the engine was tuned for meth.

If you are not going to tune for it I would not install. You could lose power due to meth having less BTUs (energy) than gasoline.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Garfield

Garfield Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Metro all injection has huge benefits on FI cars.. It cools the intake charge and also increases the effective octain of the fuel. Most of the time you only see this in conjunction it's the use of nitrous. N2o and meth go hand and hand on FI cars. Since you know nothing about it I would steer you away from it entirely in the form of spraying it into the motor.. A newbie intro to t would be using meth or co2 to spray onto the intercooler and cool the intake temps. As computer controlled as these cars are I'm not sure how well they will respond to this as I'm not sure how the car will recognize the are temp change after the MaF sensor so it is possible it would never adjust fuel and timing for it.

Personally I'd recommend a 75 shot of the funny stuff first as an easy safe route. a 75 shot on a modern v8 is very modest.

And when running meth on a non strip car you want to upgrade to the big 5 gal tank just FYI in case you research and decide to go that way.. But I'd go 75 shot of n2o first which is actually about 100whp.. The upgrade to a 100-125 as you get comfortable with it.. Then it's time to start thinking about adding meth to complement the n2o at a 125 shot..

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Whalecat

Whalecat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Just keep in mind that if you use water meth or nitrous, they need to be applied after the supercharger. The screws on the supercharger have a coating that will eventually be comprimised if you are spraying across them.

5. Garfield

Garfield Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    For wet n2o true as the fuel is corrosive to the SC but everyone still sprays after the sensor and in front of the SC anyways. Meth should be in front either way as it actually help cool the charge as its compresses and has no effect on the SC longevity.

6. Hector02

Hector02 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have it on mine. The Alky. And I run Nos and meth, the car runs great and the benefit are all that have been said here

7. idmotorsports

idmotorsports Hellcat Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    We run water/meth on a couple of our shop cars, CTS-V and Jeep Turbo. It works well, as long as you keep it to a ~50/50 mix. You'll notice some cooling, as well as performance if the tune is updated for use with the Methanol. The 50/50 mix will also eliminate any issues with the aluminum corrosion.

We keep the Snow kits in stock due to their popularity with forced induction gas and diesel vehicles.

• Like Like x 1