Mid-pipe Cat delete

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Performance' started by Mopar1, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Mopar1

Mopar1 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have a few questions for the guys who have done the cat delete mod. Did you disable the downstream O2 sensor via a tune, or did you use a Mini Cat O2 sensor CEL fix or a Universal O2 Simulator Straight Through CEL Fix from Big Daddies Garage, or something similar? If you disabled via tune, any concerns with Dodge finding out via Uconnect?

I'm also considering cutouts along with the cat delete, making a wide open exaust. Any concerns with lack of back preasure while on the track or driving around town? I understand it will be very loud.

Thanks
    Ken

2. hemipower

hemipower Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I put the race mids on and haven't done anything else...just left the CEL on for now. Will fix it with a tuner soon. And I don't use Uconnect to link to internet or anything but even if so I wouldn't think it's setup to tattle on modded cars...

Cars don't really need backpressure...could cause a slight drop in boost similar to what long tubes would but it's flow velocity that's needed not technically back pressure. You'd likely feel a tiny bit of mid range power loss totally open exhaust and be CRAZY loud with no cats (nearly open header loud).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mopar1

Mopar1 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you hemipower. I plan to leave the rest of the exhaust intact. Since the cutouts will cause a drop in boost with the cat delete, they are out.

4. hemipower

hemipower Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't know for a FACT that they will...but I'd swap in the midpipes and see what you think sound wise and go from there...since cut-outs would only make it louder and not improve performance on THIS setup I'd skip them as well honestly.