Modesta BC-06 vs CQuartz

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Detailing' started by Mopar Ragtop, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Mopar Ragtop

Mopar Ragtop Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Has anyone heard of Modesta? The local guy that installs CQuartz also offers a product called Modesta. He says it is at least as good as CQuartz.

Has anybody had this used instead of CQuartz?

My 2016 Challenger Hellcat is supposed to be here in two weeks. Trying to line up the best products!!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Modesta is an exceptional product. See if you can find someone who applies the Paul Dalton signature series. There are a few who do in the U.S. But don't let someone get that and your car be the 1st time they apply it. Unless your certain they've got the correct application setup and have taken extensive time to learn it's application. Which is different (for the private label compared to the other Modesta products.)

Highly recommend Modesta.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mopar Ragtop

Mopar Ragtop Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Thanks much. He says he has used it a good bit on Mercedes, BMW, etc. May try it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mrs.JetScat

Mrs.JetScat Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I just asked abt Modesta, thanks TallCool1 for some feedback. I also received a recommendation for this product vs CQUARTZ but didn't know much abt it.

5. Jay O

Jay O Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Modesta BC06 is a coating for wheels, if you were going to compare it to anything Cquartz makes it would probably be Quartz Dlux when and trim coating.

6. SC DETAILEL

SC DETAILEL Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    As mentioned, Modesta is an exceptional product with very high gloss and great durability. Picking which one out of the line is a little tough sometimes, but they all give tremendous gloss and shine. They are a very thick coating and some of them are finicky to apply. The Paul Dalton signature is the hardest to install. Imagine taking a bottle of honey and applying it to your vehicle and then trying to successfully pull the excess off. It is also a two part system featuring a base thick layer (Honey) with a top layer added after curing the initial layer. The top layer will need to be re-applied each year typically. It is the hardest and most hydrophobic of the Modesta coatings.

Modesta coatings can be layered as long as you follow the rule of the 03, 04 on the bottom and 05 on top. You also can spray the high temp wheel coating over the car as a base layer and then top that with one of the others. If you are on Facebook, the Fast and Loud Ford GT just had this very process applied.

I am here for any questions on either CQuartz Finest or Modesta. Ultimately it is completely up to the owner as to which one they choose, but either is going to be great for the Hellcat.

HUMP

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Layering CQF was no easy task either. We screwed up 2nd coat didn't allow it to gas off didn't use cure lights. That caused grief. Stopped with 4th coat and apply Hydrofoam at maintenance wash cycles. While non traditional (e.g. Expel is over 1st CQF layer) the car has phenomenal glare, luster and depth and is as slick as I've ever seen.) Both CQF and Modesta are best of breed products imo.

8. TallCool1

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have considered Gtechniq Crystal Serum it seems high quality but is also an bear to apply.

9. Jay O

Jay O Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Are you an authorized Installer Tallcool1

10. TallCool1

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No.

I have probably 600 hours experience, 1st learning, then doing paint correction and finish work, with imho, who are experts who are, 1st hand. Over quite a long time.

(I work my azz off working side...side with all my rides that are. Mentoring is the best way...)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Presidential_Detail

Presidential_Detail Hellcat Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I find Cquartz Finest is very easy to layer, however if your using Cquartz Classic or UK, then I can see it being slightly more difficult.