Molded Mopar Splash Gaurds

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by rollieman, Sep 6, 2015.

1. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Curious, do the wheels have to be removed to install the Mopar splash guards, and any problem not drilling the 3rd hole?

Not sure if I will keep them on permanently, need to see what they look like, I've been told they don't look bad at all?

I'm planning on having Xpel protection installed, but would like to have some protection driving from the dealer to the Xpel installer which is approximately 75 miles as opposed to having the car transported?

I'm hoping the service department can install them for me before I leave the dealership.

Just optimistically planning ahead, the dealer told me that their rep confirmed my order will be entered next Thursday -------------- I'll believe it when I see it !!!!

A8 -- performance tires -- granite crystal with black seats & red seat belts.

Thank you !

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chuck from Solana Beach

Chuck from Solana Beach Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great color combination

• Like Like x 1
  3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Here area couple pictures of the OEM splash guards. It was the first mod I made to Dante, and I do like the way they look. My husband was working at the time I got the splash guards, so I had my dealership install them for me. I know several people here on the forum did their own install, and I do not think all of them drilled. Do a forum search and you will probably find more information than I remember. Hope this helps. :) splashguardcloseup.jpg

splashguards1.jpg

April

4. bam bam

bam bam Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    april77
    what was the part number of the mud flaps you used were they mopars ?
    and how much.

5. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't remember ... gimme a few to look it up.

April

6. bam bam

bam bam Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They look great on Dante. Bam
    \

7. april77

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you, Bam. I was cleaning up the kitchen after dinner and taking care of some other stuff. :) Anyway, here are the part numbers that you asked for: Sold in pairs ... Front splash guards are #82214141, $65.00 on the Mopar web site. Rear splash guards are #82214142, also $65.00 on the Mopar web site. I know that some people have posted in the past that they got them a lil cheaper on Ebay, so might want to look there, too. :)

April

• Like Like x 1
  8. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You definitely don't need to remove the wheels to install if you don't want to.

Also, no need to drill the upper hole for the fronts. In fact I'd recommend that you don't drill that hole.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. bam bam

bam bam Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks April. Bam

10. soundman5000

soundman5000 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great pics!!! Any chance you would take a pic standing directly behind the car, down low. I can not find any pics on the net at that angle as I would like to know what the rears look like from behind. I have the ZL1 and thinking about changing to the Mopar.
    I think I would like a bit more protection ( I also have 3m film in that area )
    but ONLY If the Mopar are not very noticeable...I hope to find a pic like this of the Mopar before I change out,
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  11. cruizinrc

cruizinrc HCC New Jersey State President Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Since I can't sleep here you go image.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. cruizinrc

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My friend has the zl1's on his hellcat and likes them better for stealth look but Mopars are way bigger more protection in my eyes
    Ron

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Aaron Vogel

Aaron Vogel Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I didn't remove the tires when I did it. And for the rears I just cut off the back sides of the body rivets and pulled them out the front. Also I had no issues drilling a hole for the front guards. There really isn't a good reason "not" to do it. People say "oh no, i'm not drilling holes in my car" or "oh its just going to rust, hell no". But there really is no need to worry. The screws even come coated in a type of wax that will coat and seal where you install it anyway. Sure you can use tape like some have, but i'll trust a screw for a lot longer then will some tape

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. soundman5000

soundman5000 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the pic, The ZL1 I almost do not see it and that was the reason I purchased. After the install I felt I needed a bit more protection So I had my 3M bra guy install some film in this area but still wondering if I should change out to the Mopar as the film he did is a very small area. I may be okay but still thinking yours look nice and will offer a bit more protection. The important thing is use something as rocks are not out friends!
    Thanks again for the pic and now just what to do?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  15. cruizinrc

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have film installed on the whole lower part of car as you are correct hate rocks here's a picture to help you get your tints done sooner lol image.jpg