Monday morning with a P90DL and a GTR, realize that my HC is way cheaper than both

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by richmondhellcat, Apr 26, 2016.

1. richmondhellcat

richmondhellcat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    P90DL is fast and the owner doesn't try to hide his excitement owning such a wonderful gadget, but when waiting at the traffic light next to it, I just have one word "soul-less", I mean, this thing makes no noise at all, a creepy yet capable car, but my HC is more like a real world vehicle.

Then in the next traffic light, while I was still checking the P90DL, to my right lane, there is this grey GTR driven by a teenager. I would rather have a GTR than a P90DL, though I probably like to have own all of these cars, haha. Anyway that kid has AWD and is quick off the line, but again more like a toy vs a real muscle car.

All in all, I don't try to race with any of them as cops are normally hitting people right after rush hour ends, so I will let them "explore" what is ahead of me, haha.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    reminds me of a song...

clowns to the right of me, jokers to the left, here I am, stuck in the middle with you

Stealers Wheel

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. blaze

blaze ☆★✪ The Watcher ✪★☆ Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i am the GTR hunter..

• Like Like x 1
  4. PhantomWorks

PhantomWorks Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My buddy at work has a heavily modified GTR (800+) it is a good looking car red with white interior and it has the ability to put the TQ down...snap your damn head off your neck, buuuut it is very "clunky" i feel like my HC puts the power down smoothly and can be a very good road car. We did 40 mph roll on and I JUMPED out easily by a car length, but once his turbo's spun it was over. It was like slow motion he crept up on me and about the time I could see his car in ,my peripheral it then went to FFWD and he was gone like a slingshot. He later told me he was stunned at my HC performance and wasn't expecting what resulted.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jettster

Jettster Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Stock for stock not too sure he would have ever caught you-but those GTR's are deadly in the 1/8 mile...was just talking to a friend today that drove a GTR on a road course and said it was so easy to drive fast on a road course anyone could do a hero lap-our cars will take much more finesse and yes will be slower...but I bought mine to drive and enjoy as the baddest true muscle car ever!

• Like Like x 2
  6. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah...they can be really quick off the line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. carcass

carcass SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    the hellcat is roomy, fast in a straight line, handles fairly well and is comfortable, like a bored and stroked Harley kind of,
    the GTR is a fantastic sports car, but its the tuner car fanboy dream ride too. Butt from what I've seen theres no way in hellcat that the hellcat can touch a GTR on any type of autocross or road course, given similar driver skillsets. And roll racing is meh......

8. Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    GTRs are tiny rich boy rice rockets. Cool cars but men have a hard time fitting into them.

• Agree Agree x 1