Mopar lowering springs questions

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Appearance' started by IndyHellcat, Nov 18, 2015.

1. IndyHellcat

IndyHellcat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So I ordered the Mopar lowering springs to install on my cat, took it in today to be installed at a local place and was told these wouldn't work with the hellcats adaptive dampening system and that ride quality would suffer and fail. I bought these springs via speedlogix and they have been great in telling me what's what with these. I know some of you have installed these on your cats and even Ralph Gilles, so why am I getting flack from the installer and plus three dealerships I called about getting them installed as well? One even claimed after I gave them part numbers that Mopar doesn't even offer them?!!? I'm like wtf is going on here it's just the springs that'll be substituted! Am I just supposed to live with their claims of the lowering springs affecting the adaptive system or is everyone full of s**t and it's not going to affect the system at all? Most of you have said there is no difference so I'm not sure what I'm missing??

Appreciate any feedback you lowered cats might have.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. White noise

White noise Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ]I have them as well just have not installed them yet

Attached Files:

3. AJ4Life

AJ4Life Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had the dealership install mine with no issues. In fact they had the springs in stock. As long as your part number is P5155436, you're good.

4. Puffy

Puffy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    This post was a year ago. He made another thread about it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. swatdoc

swatdoc Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    those guys are idiots. there is absolutely nothing different about the springs, whether you have adaptive suspension or not. There are no electronic sensors on the springs - only the shocks, which you are not changing. Of course the damping in the shocks is tuned to a specific spring rate from the factory, but with adaptive suspension, you have your choice of 3 settings, so you should be able to find one that you like, and even without adaptive shocks, the spring rate is not so vastly different that the damping doesn't work anymore. I have changed the springs on my wife's SRT with adaptive suspension using the Mopar lowering springs, and they work perfect. Yea, the part number won't show that it fits, but it doesn't matter. All the springs are the same dimensions for mounting purposes.
    The dealers are merely looking at the part number, and if it doesn't show on the screen that it's for the Hellcat, they're telling you they won't work. Listen to the Speedlogix guys, and everybody else, that tells you they will work fine. The dealers know almost nothing when it comes to stuff like this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Okay, blow their minds. Send the Mopar springs back to Lisa and have her send the German set of KW adjustable springs. Take them to the dealer and tell them screw it, they told you the Mopar product did not work, so then DEMAND they install the aftermarket springs.

Seriously like swatdoc says the Mopar springs work, so do the adjustable height KW's. Both will work well with the adjustable shocks.