MOPARS at the STRIP (LAS VEGAS)

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Jim Hetrick, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Jim Hetrick

Jim Hetrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Here is the link to the Mopars at the strip, for anyone that may want to go. They are letting Hellcats race free, this is at Las Vegas motor speedway. I have gone for 7 years really fun as long as th weather is nice (about a 50/50 chance)

MATS Mopars at the Strip

• Like Like x 1
  2. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looks fun, wish I could make it out there! Only been to Vegas once, would love to go again!

April

3. Jim Hetrick

Jim Hetrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    April, As long as the weather is good it is fun, but about half the time the weather is really windly (and I mean really windly) raining, one year we had heavy frost, or really hot 110-115. Its a three day event with racing car shows and motor cross

4. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    When Marty and I were there, 3 years ago, the weather was gorgeous! We went in late June, everyone was complaining about how hot is was, and that they were melting. We just looked at each other and shrugged. Do not misunderstand, I am not saying that it was not hot, I am just saying we apparently handled it better than most of the other tourists and some locals (we were visiting friends). We traveled from South Georgia. and the temp when we left was 98 with humidity in the 93 percent range. So, at least for late June in Las Vegas, we were fine with 110 and 7 percent humidity. To us, it actually felt a lot cooler. Down in this "neck of the woods", you step outside in the summer and it is like stepping into a sauna ... you are instantly bathed in sweat, and the air is almost too thick to breathe. YUCK!

April

PS - It was, indeed, windy when we were there, it was nice. Here, we only get breeze and/or wind right before it rains.

5. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Jim,
    You plan on running your CAT in the time only run?

6. MoparProud

MoparProud Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I want to go so bad. Been going to Vegas for the Nascar race for like a solid 10 years, and gave that up to go to MATS since they are within roughly a month of each other, and honestly I tend to fall asleep during the race (yes, live or on TV). Probably not this year, but hopefully next and then it's an annual thing.

7. AlbertaBlackTop

AlbertaBlackTop Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Is anyone going to MATS this year? How was it the last few years? Worth a 20 hour drive??

8. MoparProud

MoparProud Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nope. Probably will never go. It's not just Mopars anymore, it's Chevy and Ford now as well.

One of my destinations has been the Mopar-only event in Vegas. That no longer exists and I have little interest in attending. Ruined it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. graybear

graybear Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I will be down at my place during the event. I will have to slip over and check it out.