More allocations for February than January?

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by Hemibuck, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    So I'm wondering if they small allocations that were given out were because of the overwhelming demand for the Charger, that and the superchargers falling behind demand? Do you think that there will be more allocations this month or around the same? My salesperson told me my dealer (the biggest in the US) received only 2 but then another person was told by a different salesperson that they got closer to 8. Just wondering if they actually got that many or if that is what they are projecting for Feb. Either way I'm hoping that there will be more allocations this month. Thanks!

2. 440 Superbee

440 Superbee Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No one can tell you how many allocations dealers will get as compared to January without knowing overall sales volumes and if they sold the Cats they received. Every large dealer likes to say their the biggest in the US.

3. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Well I'm just going off the commercials they show. It's Dave Smith Motors. Biggest or not they do a ton of volume. So with that they sold every one. Right now there are 30 on the Charger Hellcat list. Less what they sold in January. I was just wondering if the shortage of SC caused only so many to be built. So if the manufacturer of the SC caught up with demand that would tell me they could kick more out this month.

4. 440 Superbee

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Haven't heard there was a shortage of SC's. There was an issue with orders meeting the maximum A8 tranny's for the January allocations. Your best bet if you are waiting in line at a dealer with 30 ahead of you would be to look nationally. A lot of forum members have done it, bought Challenger HC's for MSRP out of state, and either traveled to pick them up or had them transported to their location.

5. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yes I think I actually read that story about the SC's in a thread on this forum actually. And if I was 30th I would for sure. I'm much closer than that. Not sure if 30th will see a car this year at this rate.

6. JonWrong

JonWrong Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Here is my question. If you order a car from a dealer without allocations, will you eventually get a car?

7. 440 Superbee

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If the dealer never gets an allocation, you will never get a Hellcat from that dealer. The problem is no one knows whether the smaller dealers where people have placed orders may eventually get an allocation or not. The Dealers don't even know that answer...at least the honest ones.

8. Mr. Robert Lee Jones

Mr. Robert Lee Jones Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I ordered a charger on 1/31 from a dealer with three ahead of me. Anyone have any idea what kind of ballpark wait I'm in for? GD dealer knew nothing but said 6 months.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JonWrong

JonWrong Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I thought Dodge CEO went on record that they will build as many cars as are ordered. I am fine with waiting; I just want to eventually get a car.

10. 440 Superbee

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You need to get in your dealers face next week for Feb allocations and find out how many he's getting. For the January allocations, some dealers received 1 Challenger and 1 Charger allocation. You've got to talk with the Sales Manager or the GM to get a halfway truthful info.

11. 440 Superbee

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You're right, Tim K. did state that. But he didn't say when all the HC's would be built by. The question is will allocations stop after May 2015 for the 2015 build year and they start building sold orders. We have not received any firm news yet from our insider RS.

12. Mr. Robert Lee Jones

Mr. Robert Lee Jones Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    So does that mean if I ***** I can get ahead of the other three or am I no matter what behind them? Reason I ask is I don't mind waiting my turn and don't feel like bitching but if some other jackass orders after me (anyone that orders after me is a jackass) then could someone somehow get one before me from the dealership that ordered after me?

13. 440 Superbee

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, that could happen too. But that would most likely depend on actual options if Brampton was short on particular options. What you need to find out from your dealer for Feb is how many allocations they are getting, and how many of each (i.e. Challenger & Charger). Find out if the other 3 ahead are for the same model you want, or they are split between models.

14. ResumeSpeed

ResumeSpeed Platinum Member Agent 707

Donate to this user:
    Donate money to this user
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    8 and one on the way = 9.

15. Lighty

Lighty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    As I see it . An order is only and order once VIN is assigned. So saying they will build them all isn't a stretch. The car isn't yours until you sign and walk out the door at the dealer.