More Hellcats than I thought.

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Jim M, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Jim M

Jim M SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Went to a cruise today at Hooters in Sanford, FL. Since I had not seen or heard of another, I thought I might be the first HC Charger in Central Florida. When I drove in there was another white one like mine. And talking with the others there I heard there is a black one in the shop for graphics. I also know of two HC Challengers in the area, both sublime. So now I wonder just how many HC's are around. Bring 'em out guys.

2. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    they are not all that rare already....just wait 2 more years....on a nice weekend i see Shelby's almost every day...im seeing HC's now 1x a week or more.....and those are the ones i see when im paying attention....

im still shocked there are that many people out there with $70k to blow........3 years there will be 30,000 of them (challenger/chargers)....you will see them a few times a week ill bet....and those who paid $15-20k adm's will be kicking themselves when they go on sale for -$5k msrp

Ford is supposed to announce the GT500 this Summer......at some point Chevy may announce a new Zl1........both will relevel out the playing field and bring down # of buyers.....some will sell their HC's for the new 17 gt500 and it will become the big ADM car

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dances With Empties

Dances With Empties Gold Member

Where rednecks are nervous of hillbillies
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm guessing 7500-8000 Challengers this year. Chargers?... Will the C.A.W. contracts come up for negot's in the next three years? 30,000 seems to be on the high side for me; but not out of the realm of possibility... The other two will definitely pull sales from the H/C & one, if not both will come up with more H.P.

Mark up next year will be for the misinformed & perpetually stupid people out there... By 2017 you maybe able to get one for under msrp.... Right off the lot, as it has sat there for 6 months...

Something new & better is right around the corner... This will probably be my last muscle car purchase... Unless some other "new shiny, must have" comes out...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have seen 3 Challengers and 1 Charger...all pre arranged. Have not seen one in the wild...by chance. Have heard there may be a couple cruising around town. Have seen 4 or 5 392's though. Also keep in mind the "rumor" that SRT has a tune upgrade for the HC expected to bring out 808HP AND covered under warranty. Wonder how much that will cost? Should be fun to see the HP market develop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jim M

Jim M SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    We're going to have to remember to ask RS for the total production numbers for MY15 when it's over.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am thinking of getting one of those stickers that WNYCAT...I think thats who's doing them...is making for $20. Total # produced would be good to know so one could say #4195/7500 or whatever the total # is.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hellcat Prof

Hellcat Prof VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    On pace for just over 9,000 HCs for 2015 model year.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. jaque

jaque Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    good mabye ill wait then, super piped i havent gotten mine, gonna cancel with bob this week.. man cant beleive this.. he said i would have had it by now.. i get 20 weekends a year to cruise and if it comes on tail end of year i dont want it.. ill take a 2016 then. hope fm3 is available..

9. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    going to be 8-9k this year alone and RUMOR of increasing production for next year (lets guess 12-15k next year) so that'll likely cross the 20k mark in 2016...so year 3 and another 10k is very much in range for the 30k cars in 3 years that huggy mentioned (and I've actually been telling friends/coworkers my guess is 35k in the first 3 years).

10. SRT HC

SRT HC BANNED

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Since December I've seen at least three different Challenger HC's (Redline, Sublime, and Black). Each of those I've seen a few times. It could be just three, or more. I've never see two together. I typically see an average of one Hellcat a week.

At cruise-ins I've seen a Sublime and a Redline. I had yet to see a Charger HC until I received mine. And as yet, mine is the only Charger HC I've seen. I may just need to get out more. Prior to now I've seen a Graphite Charger SRT on two occations. Could be the same one.

11. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Lets ask ResumeSpeed now that we would like 2015 totals for both at the end;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think he is already planning to do this. Also some color breakdowns. Info won't become available until end of Sept/1st of Oct. B5, are you going to repeat as the top poster of the month for June? Tammie has taken a bit of a break, HCDC is still here from time to time. I'm too lazy...lol

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. yurdaddy

yurdaddy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There a dime a dozen up here in the motor city already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have CRS(Can't Remember Sh I mean Squat) and I know he will. As for posting that's not my goal rather have Tammie and HellcatdotClub I mean dotSubway doing so. That being said my HC goes to the detailer this month so it's perfect so I guess I'll be posting then 4 sure

• Like Like x 1
  15. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Haven't seen many B5's