SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Motor oil

25K views 98 replies 29 participants last post by  392 
#1 ·
What brand motor oil do you use.

#2 ·
Mobil 1 0w-40 or Pennzoil Ultra 5w-40; depending on which one is cheaper at the time of purchase. Amazon has a pretty decent deal for 6 quarts of Pennzoil Ultra 5w-40 (the amount the Hellcat requires) for around $40.00-50.00.

I would have gone that route but have some gift cards to turn in to Walmart making oil and filter $27 (this will be used on the 392, however, same oil requirements as the Hellcat minus 1 quart).

#3 ·
Let the dealer do the first oil change, they'll send you a discount coupon

#19 ·
I won't change myself. But I will get an estimate for the change with and without the oil and if it's cheaper, I will bring the oil with me. They will usually give me the better price when I threaten to bring my own bottles! Lol;)

#29 ·
My 2010 had a belly pan underneath that had to be removed to change the oil. No different than the Hellcat. Really, it's just an extra drain plug to remove and reinstall. Stopped by a local dealer to show the car off and my tech (the only one that worked on my 2010) seemed to think the same.

#46 ·
I could have sworn that someone in the know mentioned that he pre-oil that is first put in the motor to set everything is done and then drained and regular oil out in and that's why we don't need to change as early????

#31 ·
Who knows, my dealer plans on charging me the normal amount for an SRT oil change. I typically pay $80 + tax, which isn't bad considering the cost of oil and I can be lazy at times, lol. Get a discount if I buy 4 or 5 up front, which are tied to the VIN and valid at any dealer for 2 years.

Reactions: 630
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.