MT SC-5 Wheel Fitment Results

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Wheels and Tires' started by StellasHC, Feb 24, 2015.

1. StellasHC

StellasHC Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well, I was finally able to test fit the SC-5 Mickey Thompson wheels. I was offered the opportunity to test fit 1 front and 1 rear wheel from Mickey Thompson. The front measures 20x9 with a +18 offset, and the rear measures 20x10.5 with a +24 offset. I did not mount tires, just put them up to check brake, suspension, etc. clearance on the Hellcat.

Positives:

-Great looking wheel that is relatively inexpensive. These wheels can be had for well less than $300 each.
    -They fit!!! But just barely in the rear... I think 305s could be done on the rear with some massaging of the splash shield. Its going to be close. IMO, 315s are out of the question. I just dont see them fitting without removing part of the rear splash shield..
    - the front wheel fits great. Sits in the fender nice and doesnt even come close to that big caliper.

Negatives:

-HEAVY... 30 lbs on the front and 33 for the rear... I think the factory forged are 26? BIG difference...
    -I just dont like how the rear wheel sticks outside the rear quarter wheel lip... I prefer my wheels and tires tucked inside.... But thats a matter of opinion...

All in all, I think these are a great wheel for someone looking to change the look of their car on a budget... Or, if someone wanted to just buy the rears and mount some 305 drag radials for the track... image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Chippy

Chippy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I personally will only go lighter than stock if I'm purchasing aftermarket wheels.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Stellas, that really helps. Since you tucked it in 6mm=0.236in; the edge of that rim is approximately 1/4" farther out than the OEM 9.5"

So, adding a 10" with the 18mm offset looks just like that. I agree sticking out past the fender for the wheel anyway, no good.

Could do a 10" with the 24mm backset, will set like the OEM on the outside and look like what you have inside. Too bad, I thought we may do better than that.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Greg C

Greg C Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't mind the look, my concern would be the rear fender.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes I don't care if the tire peeks out of the fender a bit. I'll put on the splash guards and probably clear bra the rear fenders. I want wide tires on the back... If there is not room inside, where they should be properly...then part of them will have to peek outside...Give me traction or give me dea......isn't that how it went?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Greg C

Greg C Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The BBS CH-R is 20x10.5 with 25mm offset. In titanium it is my favorite looking wheel. Sounds problematic unfortunately.

7. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Links and pics please...without pics, it doesn't exist!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Greg C

Greg C Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not sure what the rules are about vendor links. Google will find it for you easy though.

9. ChallengerDad

ChallengerDad SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Unfortunately, a wider wheel is usually going to be heavier than the stock wheels. You have to spend some serious $$$ to get something as strong and lighter than stock. Widening the OEMs will add weight as well.
    I think the Axis Model Twos are very close to the OEM wheel design, and the 10" rears only weigh two pounds more each for under $300 apiece. I also think the +20mm offset will keep the wheel centered in the wheel well, causing fewer clearance issues in both front and back.
    You could always powder coat these to look like the OEM wheels (matte black OR brass monkey) for about $100.00 per, and save the cost of a matching front set.

10. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I wish getting wider rear tires and rims were easier but it seems some of us may have to do trial and error some more :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Very frustrating! I am ready to spend a pile on the car and a stupid amount at Foose for some good looking chrome. I am even ready to look at the 305's now, but after figuring out the wheels, the tire companies are not making it easy to pick out a matching set that works IMO.

Michellin PSS don't make the OEM front, don't make a 305. I absolutely want to keep the front geometry and sizes as they are.
    Invo Nitto no 305, but they have a huge 315.
    PZeros have all sizes, but are not as sticky as the top two.
    Hell, the stock wheels with the 305 N555r rears seem like the best setup!
    May have to go with that configuration, I will set back for a few more weeks and see what others do. I know after that car gets here the local Discount Tire boys are eager to measure, and have corporate approval to deal with Foose, but it just don't seem like the space is there.

12. paul suloff

paul suloff Silver Member

There is a thread here with fitment specs for an 11" wheel. That's the optimum width for a 305. I'm remembering it was a 21mm offset? It shows tires mounted on car on these rims.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    PLEASE post a link to that thread...I want an 11" wheel.

14. DB2

DB2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    That's the same wheel they had with 24mm offset. The
    That's the same wheel they had with 24mm offset. The guy at MT said it was a different wheel to trial fit. Did you call them and give your 2 cents? We need that wheel in a 18mm offset in the rear