MT street ss smoked in 1 week

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Wheels and Tires' started by hellbound, Mar 13, 2016.

1. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Anyboby have trouble with these tires ... I mounted last week and drove about 200 miles on them.... Didnt do any "crazy" burnouts...they just seem to be peeling away... I do drive the car accordingly however but i put about 3800 miles on the perreli and still have about 40% tread left so i wouldnt say im over abusive on tires.... But 200 miles and some healthy driving wore the mickey out in one week just doesnt seem right....thoughts and opions appreciated

Attached Files:

2. CDNHellcat

CDNHellcat Silver Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think you need to define healthy driving. I have 10,000 con my car coming up on a year and still over 70% tread.

My Nittos lasted for two seasons which was roughly 20 nights at the strip with 4 to 6 runs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dodge gave me 700 horses to work..so i do..lmao... But seriosly... I couldnt possible use em up that quick...200 miles on a dr marketed as a street to strip tire... The track is 50 miles from my house.... They never even made it to a track...a cpl/few practice hits and some healthy fun in town..... One week and i only drive it after work again 200 miles and id say 50-75 was highway

4. HemiC

HemiC Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Not too surprised actually. Although technically those MT's are DOT approved you are basically driving a drag slick compound on the street.

Chris

5. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Man that sucks.

6. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Here is side by side... All season with 3800 mile and the dr with 200 miles... The last drive on the dr was 20 miles on freewAy still peeling?... Its didnt hook well at all either... Decent at best... I drive the car the same way woth the all season as the dr... Dr lastsd 200 miles....

Attached Files:

7. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No sh*t... 700$ for a week of half decent traction... Just doesnt seem right when people say they last them just fine street or racing ...If it was my driving suely i would a went rheough the allseasons aswell

8. BODUKE

BODUKE Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That street compound is very soft it will wear away fast. Nittos are a good compromise they last longer.

9. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They are the ss... Street to strip... With imprved wet handling.... 200 miles????
    i know its soft.... But they never evem made it to track day.... Lol.. 200 miles is nothing... Thought they made them to drive to and from the track or to mexico nights.... Never made either night... They didn't work that well either... Nych better than allseason but i didnt think it was all that! Sill wiuld spin just doing a 1 st gear roll on...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. BD2DBONE

BD2DBONE Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Have you asked MT if they thought that was odd? I've been wondering if these were a good option.

11. yurdaddy

yurdaddy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Same thing happen to my buddy. They became chaffed. Went thru a pair in a week. He called Mickey to tell them it had to be defective and they didn't want to hear it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Calling on monday.... Immediate thought stay away from these tires

13. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Like HemiC said they are basically a drag racing compound... but 200 miles is pretty unbelievable even for that. Were you driving hard thru the twisties where you were putting a lot of heat in the tires? Good luck dealing with MT let us know how you make out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. dragrcr

dragrcr Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is some funny shit right here! I think you got exactly the mileage you should have. Besides they are not totally worn out. They are about 2/3 worn out.

I have that exact same tire and I have 43 passes on them (plus driving too and from the track) and many times you could not see my car after doing my burnout from all the smoke. So I think I could have got 60 passes if I did not like to show off so much. And they hook very well if you do a good burnout and set the pressure where it needs to be...............BUT I NEVER EVER RUN THEM HARD ON THE STREET, The Asphalt will SHRED those tires. Asphalt would be like taking a cheese grater to those tires. They are super soft greasy sticky rubber and will not take that abuse.

Good luck calling Mickey Thompson. I would love to hear a recording of that conversation. DSCN1970.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. pigman440

pigman440 SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    My friend forgot to mention they were mounted on stock 9.5 wheels which I feel bowed the tire and caused the center to wear out first/quick!!

• Agree Agree x 1