Mustang gets destroyed

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Tom Westrupygun1, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Tom Westrupygun1

Tom Westrupygun1 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How about this talented guy?

https://youtu.be/67R8L5vVbCE

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Andyp

Andyp Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Not just a Mustang but Shelby GT500, What a dufus.

3. Tom Westrupygun1

Tom Westrupygun1 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    He never tried to steer out of it, just kept the wheels straight.

4. graycat

graycat Automobile Aficionado Extraordinaire Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I traded a 14 GT500 in on my cat. I had done some work on the car and it made 746hp/748 tq at the tires. It was a handful stock if you weren't "on
    your game" I've saw many of these cars crashed doing the same thing. In fact, on the fordgt500.com site there was a guy leaving a car show next
    door to a Chevrolet dealership that was having a Corvette show at the same time. The actual GT500 owner posted the thread and said that he was
    going to "show the vette guys what a real car runs like" Well, he did, he lost control and went backwards into the dealership sign. The sign went all
    the way to the back glass. Needless to say, car totaled, driver very embarrassed, Vette owners very amused..

The Shelby is a powerful car, it's very light weight (compared to the cats) it has a straight axle in the back, the traction control does not SEEM (to me)
    to be as intrusive as the cat's is. The GT500 would "step out" in the back very quickly and unexpectedly. The cat, or at least mine, spins in a much
    more predictable and controllable fashion.

Just hope no one was hurt and glad that I don't have to explain it to the truck owner, insurance agent or the police!o_O

5. im3cpo

im3cpo Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had a 2013 GT500 I traded in on the Hellcat as well. I agree with your take.. The GT500 is a serious car and basically would look for every opportunity to kill you (which is honestly why I liked it so much). I only have 400 miles on my Hellcat and havent even gone full throttle on it yet as still breaking it in, but I can already tell when I have broken loose in track mode (due to temps) that the Hellcat is much more predictable.

Having said this, the guy driving that GT500 was still a dufus. No way that should have happened. Just let off the gas if your spin that bad for heavens sake! You'll be under control again in about 1 second flat!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. graycat

graycat Automobile Aficionado Extraordinaire Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    im3cpo....Thanks for the post and I agree with you on a few points.

1..The GT500 is always looking to KILL the driver and that is one of the biggest reasons that I really dig those cars as well!!!!
    2..Yes, the cats are a great deal more predictable and much easier to drive.
    3..The guy in the video, is a dufus. :rolleyes: