My 1 Year anniversary of no car!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Tazman, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Anyone know when the dealers get informed about October allocations? :D

2. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    they are listed almost daily lately here for msrp.....why havent you just called and got one?

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Kaneda

Kaneda BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's crazy. I feel sort of lucky. Ordered car end of May and had it Sept 3.

4. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    its crazy to wait when everyone else made some phone calls/emails and got their cars 6-10 months ago

5. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ive owned 2 now. 1 m6 and 1 A8. Made some calls traveled some miles...maaaaaaybe paid a little mark up but worth it to get what i wanted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    /sigh

I've posted the answer repeatedly, but you all can't seem to get it through yer skulls.

I will only pay MSRP, and only for my exact order. Period. End of Story. I don't shit $100's... so I will only accept my exact order. I have looked online for months and they either wanted high ADM or the car wasn't exact (usually a manual instead of an A8).

According to RS and PLMCRZY's stats... only 73 cars were made last year, that fit my order.

So, please quit telling me to just "go out and buy one".... it really is a pisser, since the availability of what I want is slim to none.

That said, I get the next A8 allocated car from my local dealer at MSRP, (Actually less, with my voucher)... so I'm willing to wait. I asked a simple question of when the dealers will hear about their October Allocation. I did not ask for opinions nor advice on what I should or shouldn't do to obtain a car. Nor am I asking for any sympathy for waiting a year +.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. HCone

HCone Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We don't always get what we want. I wanted specific car too, but decided I wanted the car more than I wanted the specific options.
    I actually ordered a Torred 6 spd with sepia leather and sunroof that never came thru.
    In the end I couldn't be more happy.
    Good luck in your quest, best place for allocation update would be your dealer

8. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Im not a fan of paying over msrp...pretty sure nobody is. However the "S" in msrp means suggested. That price is not gospel. What were you looking for exactly?

9. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hell.....i wanted a 5'9" blonde hair, blue eyed woman with a size 0 waist, perfect perky C cups, that loves sports and cars and has a 6 figure career. Well my girl is a little shorter, a little bigger than a 0, brown hair, nice boobs however, loves sports and cars. She has a crappy job but i couldn't be more happy in life...well unless I hit that powerball but other than that...lifes good

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. pinetreecat

pinetreecat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    1000% agree with you Taz, even I did the same thing ordering 9/9/14 and am still waiting for the car to be shipped in (its on its way, on the truck even). Got the exact car for the exact price, bonus was it was from a local dealer.

So I hear ya. Sorry I don't know when the October allocations officially are, but I've been tracking this stuff daily for the past 13 months and the 2nd Tuesday of each month seems like "Allocation Day" at each dealership. Good luck and hang in there!

BTW I think the title of your thread is what threw us all off,,,,if you titled it "Allocation Day?" or When Is Allocation instead of sad-sacking it One year Anniversary....just my .02

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ray Hunsaker

Ray Hunsaker Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think the title misleads us In thinking your upset. as far as being only 73 being built last year that's because 73 people ordered them that way! but you will love your car no regrets at all on mine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Steven_sbs

Steven_sbs Browncoats Unite Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dealers should know their October allocation on the 8th or the 9th.

• Like Like x 1
  13. INRIP

INRIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I never ordered but I called about 20 dealerships, most laughed when I said msrp. The guy in Vegas said "good luck buddy, hahaha"

I used a lead from this site and found one for msrp. I did have to travel to a different state though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the Info... And I hear ya on the title. I thought the smiley in the post would have been enough to show I wasn't upset.

Gotchya. Not sure if all 73 were customer orders, but it appears they make a ton of the colors that they intend to get rid of for the next year, which makes some sense, I guess.

Thank you very much! :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I think I know the dealership you're talking about. For the most part dealers are aholes in Vegas. They act like they're doing you a favor selling you the car.

• Like Like x 1