My Alaska Hellcat

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by AKHills, Oct 9, 2015.

1. AKHills

AKHills The Alaska Hellraiser! Alaska HCC President. Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So a lot of people ask how I came about gettin my Hellcat in Alaska. Well honestly it was dumb luck. Ever since the Hellcat was announced I wanted one, but like most, kept seeing the $20000 dealer mark up and just was not willing to pay that. So I opted to get a 2015 Scat Pack. I had it plasti dipped and did some mods on it and got close to 500hp and it was fun to drive. But always looked at cars.com to see if any Hellcats were coming to town. Well some did and with the $85000 price tag, once again wasn't wanting to step up that much. Found some and started emailing dealers and of course they were sold. Finally I saw on at Lithia Dodge in Wasilla and emailed them, they replied with the customer pulled out of the deal and I was first on the list and how fast could I drive there. Well I had only mad two payments on my Scat Pack and did not think they would even consider my trade. So the wife said lets just drive out there, worst case it was a beautiful day for a drive in Marilyn(that is what my wife name the Scat Pack). So we drove 45 mins to the dealer and they started looking at my car. After about an hour they said we will give you $35000 for your car and you have to pay MSRP for ours. So I only paid $38000 for the Scat Pack and the Hellcat was $61000 MSRP. The wife said I sat there and didn't sa anything, I was in shock or actually didn't hear them correct. So my wonderful wife looked at the salesman and said, go write it up. First time I had bought a car sight unseen, didn't car about the options, color , nothing it was a Hellcat and it was mine. So had to wait a week for the car to arrive at the port, I stalked the port and saw my car on the truck getting ready to be shipped out to the dealer and calls the dealer and said I will be out on my way. So long story short, I know to late, I ended up with a silver cat, 6 speed. I am a Raiders fan so the color was perfect, I don't race it at the track but blow doors off cars on the street and the manual is a blast to drive. I am an ex-police officer here in this town so I tend not to get stopped because I know where most the guys are. As you can see from my pics of th car I am not subtle at all about what I drive!!!!!!!

So added a few pics of delivery day, the ride home, my Scat Pack before and after plasti dip and top speed thus far!

Hope you enjoy my story, that's how the cat got to AK!
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  2. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Very cool, congrats,, it's too bad it's so hard to get a hellcat..how are you liking the side strips

3. AKHills

AKHills The Alaska Hellraiser! Alaska HCC President. Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    hellcat1, I'm loving them. Just wanted to make it stand out a little, I think it worked.

4. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    AKHills,
    I knew this would be a great story thanks for sharing with us.

Great job Congrats

Chuck

5. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bad ass story man I'm sharing this on FB HC page and I re edit your pics for full image preview!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. AKHills

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sabertooth608

Sabertooth608 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    AK,I'm new to the forum and was advised by my buddy(GSM of Dodge in So Calif) to find a HC in Alaska and ship it down. He even went as far as saying that the sell at invoice. Down here in Orange County CA, he is getting 25-30k over MSRP!?! Crazy.
    Haven't had much luck on the phone yet. Any tips you can send my way would be great. Not sure how to send a PM yet. Thanks in
    advance if you can help. Can't wait to join the HC Owner's Club.

8. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats and welcome to the family.

9. Sabertooth608

Sabertooth608 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks. I really see this is a family oriented forum. It seems everyone is very friendly and helpful.
    From the Los Angeles area out here and the Dealers are not the friendliest. Hope to pick up my Cat soon.

10. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Stay flexible, patient and vigilant...something will pop open.

To PM, click on your avatar, information will come up, look for "conversations", click it, then you can select to start a new one. Addressees are by their screen (avatar) name. Good luck.

11. AKHills

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would say call Randy Richards at Lithia Dodge in Wasilla. You might even be able to order one through him and yes they only sell them at MSRP.

12. gasser

gasser Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great story. Both cars are very nice looking. Congrats on getting what u wanted. Still waiting for mine .,