my friend richard project hellcat

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by DrBuick, Mar 28, 2015.

1. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm doing stripes, black hood, shifter, mud faps, sills, brakes, drag radials,

he just got car had von from day one,

2. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looking good! I wish that I could find someone to install my stripe kit. I wish I had never purchased it, because it is looking like I wasted almost $400. Sigh!

April

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dubya

Dubya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I bet it wouldn't last a day if you posted it up in the classified section.;)

5. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not in this small town. I am stuck with this stupid stripe kit. :mad: I really want it on the freaking car, not laying across my dining room table.

April

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Dubya

Dubya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I meant the classified section on the forum here. You know these guys are always shopping for HC bling!:D:D

7. Beeman

Beeman Silver Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    April!!!! Stripes are realy easy to install. If you've installed wallpaper that is

8. april77

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A person has to know their limitations, and I know mine. I would not even attempt to install this myself, especially after being given the information I have by people that do this type thing professionally.

The problem is twofold: 1. None of the installers that i have met with are happy with the Avery material the stripes are cut from. They have all said the same thing ... this is a relatively new material that is extremely thin, making it very difficult to work with. 2. After looking the kit over and laying it out on the car, everyone of them have told me that they will have difficulty lining the stripes up because even though RiderGraphix advertises this kit is for the 2015 HellCat, it was originally made for the 2015 Challenger 392, and does not allow for proper alignment on the hood section for the HellCat's larger air scoops. So far I have been to 5 different guys that do this for a living .. .2 locally, 1 in Savannah, and 2 others between here and there. They have all looked at this kit for 10 minutes or so, all told me the same problems with this kit, told me they did not want to do the job, and referred me to someone else. I am about to contact RiderGraphix, tell them the trouble I am having, and request my money back. To say I am frustrated is an understatement! I am NOT a happy camper!

April

Here is a link to the stripe kit I bought: RiderGraphix.com 2008 Up Dodge Challenger Stripes I bought the kit that is pictures on the car, rally stripe kit "A"

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  9. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Why won't anyone install it? A strip like the one above really isn't that hard to install. The key is installing it wet with the proper slip solution. This lets you position the stripe, squeegee out the solution and BAM.... Perfect job.

What's the issue with getting yours done?

10. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If it really isn't for the 2015 hood they should give you your money back. Tell them what you have done as far as trying to get it installed and at least give them the chance to make it right.

11. april77

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep, that is the plan. The worst that happens is they tell me no. :) I would really rather find someone to do the install rather than return the kit ... I really like the rally stripes and want them on the car!

April

12. Beeman

Beeman Silver Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I can see the trunk lid stripe being problematic for not having enough material to go over the taller spoiler on the Hellcat. The hood in my estimation looks like it should be ok for the air extractors are not that close to the scoup where stripe will not go over them. Dont know why vinyl would be thin, all vinyls i have worked with are the same thickness, also found the 3M product to be a superior product.
    Personly if i liked the stripe kit i would call Rider Graphix and have them find you a installer in your area trhat can apply them to your satisfaction, if not then ask for your money back

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Drive to Wisconsin I can do ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. april77

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I appreciate it! I wish we lived a wee bit closer to one another, because I would take you up on it! :)

April

15. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have a brother in savanna I may go visit soon