my hellcat journey is now over...

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by actionjack99, Jan 14, 2016.

1. actionjack99

actionjack99 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    hi gang,

joined the forum almost a year ago after deciding to purchase a challenger hellcat. i just missed the cutoff and had to wait for the august allocations to open up. after putting down a deposit in april for an august allocation, my dealer couldn't secure me an automatic challenger. so i decided to pass and wait till they received one.

while waiting, i was able to place an order for a shelby gt350 and that car went into production prior to my dodge dealer calling to offer me an a8 allocation. i declined the a8 and yesterday i brought home my shelby.

so it's been a great hellcat ride checking these forums daily for msrp challenger leads and reading about the coolant hose issue etc... but now i'm on the shelby boards.

best,

action

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    See you on the other side, I love the front end on them. Not a fan of the rear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. actionjack99

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. MaxxMuscle

MaxxMuscle Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sexy looking beast jack.Get a video of how the exhaust note sounds bro.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AZ HELLCAT

AZ HELLCAT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cute Car;)

Good things are worth waiting for......

In all seriousness though - Congrats - she is a beauty...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. cereal killer

cereal killer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats!! Enjoy your GT350, its pretty awesome!

We do have a site if you wish to join it @ www.gt350.org

Good luck man!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. actionjack99

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Halfshaft

Halfshaft Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great looking GT350, I like the Mustangs lines, I thank the Dodge Brothers would have also agreed.

9. CPRHDSRT

CPRHDSRT Pontiac Bred ................. SRT Addicted Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Enjoy the smiles per gallon !!! Sounds good. Take care.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You drive a Hellcat, you're not ever going to see the rear ;-)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Excellent car, damn sexy (from all angles IMO), I just wish they'd have packed a little more power and a little more comfort into them.

12. actionjack99

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    the shelby doesn't have the stop light to stop light exhilaration but you get your thrill when you are turning. this car has zero body roll. the only other car with zero body roll i have had was a lotus esprit turbo. the esprit was an awesome handling car but everything else about the car was garbage for street use.

you can never have enough horse power but the gt350 can be easily modded for more horse power. i'm keeping mine stock.

in regards to comfort the non recaro seats, which i have were more comfortable and supportive then i was led to believe from youtube reviews. totally usable but not the best car seats i ever sat in. i think the hellcat has better seats but not necessarily more comfortable for me.

action

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    its a very cool car and a unique engine.....if you paid under $50k for it id say you made a good choice...if you paid anywhere near HC pricing i think you made the wrong choice.....i personally could care less about handling......and thats pretty much what a gt350 is designed for.......so it would not be a car id be interested in owning.....there is no way on the street you could use 1/2 of what that car can do.....while i can use 100% of what my HC can do......id love to see and get a ride in your car....wouldnt want to own it though.....to each his own!.....in a year you may kick yourself when/if the gt500 comes out.....many are going 13/14 gt500's to 15 gt350's....not something i understand.....why buy a new car thats slower

where are all the stripes????

is there a stripe option and you just didnt want it?

to me a shelby needs stripes...part of the heritage

14. actionjack99

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i come from a racing background in regards to cars and handling is just as important to me as horse power. going straight is just as important as turning. not quite sure if you are trolling but to say i can't use 1/2 the ability of the shelby while you can use 100% of your hellcat on the street sounds delusional at best. the shelby is purpose built and for 60K i think is about right. my hellcat would have been 75K out the door and at that price there were other cars i wanted. when i could get it for 65k, i thought the hellcat was a real bargain and under priced. i didn't get a shelby gt500 because it can't turn lol. regardless of the car, driving ability trumps hardware. if you are not delusional then you must be one heck of a driver to be able to use 100% of you car on the street. i can tell you with out a doubt i can not use a 100% of the shelby on the street ; )

when i was building the car i couldn't get matte black stripes on a black car unless i ordered the r version which was not an option for me. i have matte black stripes sitting in my garage as i type.

shelby's makes me think stripes as well.

action

15. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i am a delusional person....wont argue with that one

HC is purpose built 1/4 mile racer....i can do 0-100mph all day long---give it 100% just like the track...my 0-60's are about the same or better than i can do on the track

i dont think you will be doing corners at 60mph on the street do you? (maybe you are the type who will)

your shelby is purpose built as a handling car/braking car.....its not a 1/4 mile car.....

congrats on the stripes.......it will make the car look bad ass.....its a beautiful car....i own a 13 gt500......just dont see the purpose of taking corners fast on city streets....i DO see the purpose of flooring my HC on city streets(its fun)..........to me handling is something for lowered boy racer/ricer type cars with loud radios....im a muscle car fan....not a twisty track fan.....sure i loved doing Road America in a Viper this past summer...it was a blast....but i couldnt see putting my car on the track and letting it get chipped to hell and beating on it for hours......i prefer taking 4-6 runs down a 1/4 mile track and even then only 2-3x's a year

i would absolutely LOVE a ride in your car......id love to hear and check out the engine.....my HC was $65k loaded......you paid $60k for a base GT350????? i thought the GT350r's were $65k and the base models were $45-50k???