My Hellcat Woes

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by PotentBanana, Jun 21, 2015.

1. PotentBanana

PotentBanana Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    EDIT: I apologize, this went into the wrong topic by mistake. Feel free to move, mods!

So I have one on order, but it is a 6-speed and I blew my knee _again_ and had a wake up call that commuting in downtown traffic was not going to be so much fun. I've pretty much been buying automatics for the last couple of years, but I just felt like a six speed would've been so much fun. I'm sure I'm right, but I don't think my knee would agree. I can barely walk down the stairs some days!

So there's a B5 6-speed, Laguna seats, pretty much everything that was offered on 5/28 except for the red seat belts and brass monkey wheels, coming in to Town Country Dodge in Wenatchee, WA sometime in the future (car is still in D status; hasn't gone to D1 yet.) VIN: 2C3CDZC90FH887964 - I had a deal for $5k over MSRP, which I hear now for a 6-speed is probably too much. But there it is.

So this made me sad. And you really shouldn't car shop while sad. Because now I needed (yes, needed, dang it all) a ride for summer. I found one. I paid for it. I won't talk about that, because I'm appalled at my negotiating skills, but screw it. You only live once, and now this sits in my garage:

20150620_224043.jpg side-view-hellcat.jpg 20150620_131535.jpg 20150620_163352.jpg
    20150619_212631.jpg
    Apologies for the clutter; we just moved in.

My 5-year old daughter is in love with the car. She decided to name it "Robo".

At any rate, how in the bloody heck do you guys keep your foot out of it for the first 100 miles? And holy crap, I thought my CJ-7 with the AMC 401 and pretty much open headers was loud...

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Dakman

Dakman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    congrats on the ride, become friends with the cruise control until break in is done!! Its the only way I've found to behave and not get a cramp in the foot from holding it so high on the gas pedal. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Robo looks to be a great addition. I love the silver and black satin hood look. You will get so much enjoyment out of the HC and the A8, that you will forget about the price in no time.. All the best for a ridiculous summer with the HC. B

4. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats but is it an A8 :confused:

5. Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Guessing PotentBanana dropped the B5 M6 order that was in D and found an A8 readily available that would be easier on the knee.. Probably paid up for it but oh well. If I understand this correctly, maybe someone on this board would be interested in the B5...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Grtz!! Enjoy that HellCat!

April

7. Hellcat83

Hellcat83 Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats!! I like the billet silver with the black hood! Is the hood factory or a wrap? I'm thinking factory.

And thanks for posting the B5 M6, maybe someone here can pick it up!

8. PotentBanana

PotentBanana Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks everyone. It's a blast so far. Been difficult to stay out of the pedal, and I'm just shy of 100 miles on it. And yes, it's an A8.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the Hellcat and welcome to the family. You made the right call with the A8. No man alive can shift as fast as that A8 will shift. Forget all that man card crap about the M6:p, you got the fastest shifting tranny FCA has ever made.;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MaxxMuscle

MaxxMuscle Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great looking car.Congra's.

11. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Car looks great,I wouldn't lose sleep over the other one,, they will sell it,, people back out all the time.., hope you didn't put a huge deposit down..plus I think they can change it to an auto

• Agree Agree x 1