My new Hellcat

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Angel, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi everyone!
    Thanks to member got2fly he posted that a 2015 Pitch Black Challenger, M6, black laguna, red seat belt summer tires, brass monkey rims, & navagtion was for sale at
    Hendrick Jeep Chrysler Dodge Ram address 8333 Rivers Avenue, North Charleston, SC 29406, (888) 847-3918.

I called and a sales person told me it wasn't for sale because it was a preorder for someone else unfortunately the salesman didn't know the original buyer backed out of the deal for some reason.
    And thanks to member 1949chopper he advised me that the salesman was mistaken and he was personally texting back and fourth with the sales manager who stated it in fact was for sale. 1949chopper told me not to wait and for me to hurry up and jump on the deal which I did and I now have the car of my dreams.

I flew out to South Carolina which was my first time flying and I had a blast. I had to board to planes but it was an experience I'd never forget.

Tony the salea manager who i was texting back and fourth with was on vacation so he got me in touch with another sales Manger by the name of Donny LaVassar. This guy was great to work with. He was just a cool person and a fellow car guy. Donny came to the airport and picked me and my buddy up in style. He rolled up in his personal car which was a new white Dodge Charger Srt8.

Donny kept in touch with me during this whole process via phone & text. He even took care of my car while it was at the dealership and he sent me pictures of it to show me how she was doing. Lol!

Donny and everyone at the dealership were extremely helpful aND friendly. The general manager even introduced herself to me and asked how everything was going and if I was pleased with the service, and thanked me for purchasing the vehicle.

I'm not going to talk bad about other dealerships but in my personal experience I haven't seen this level of customer service which was awesome.
    I would without hesitation recommend this dealership and especially Donny to anyone looking to buy a vehicle.

As for the ride back home which was 17 hours was tiring. I took a friend with me so we could take turns driving but unfortunately he worked worked so much that week that he couldn't stay awake so I drove the whole way. We had fun though, we stopped at a few places to eat and to stretch our legs. If it wasn't for me driving this awesome machine I don't think I could have stayed awake the whole time. I've been awake since 1:45 am Monday morning and I got back home today at around 4:00 pm. I'm to tired to even sleep. Lol!

Aso for my HC, she's a beast! I love the car. I broke the motor in while driving it all the way back home which she had 16 miles when I picked her up and She now has 1168.
    I babied her as much as I could for as long as I could.

I noticed that after about 300 miles the racing options were available which weren't at first and after 500 miles I really didn't notice any difference with the motors performance I even stopped and turned off & on the car just in case it needed to reset. But after 600 miles the motor really came to life. At 600 miles I had to make a pit stop and as soon as I fired her up she sounded different which me and my buddy immediately noticed.
    Until this I couldn't even hear the supercharger whine everyone kept talking about, now I can really hear it's awesomeness.

I didn't have any problems with her on the trip. I checked and kept checking the fluids on every stop. So far so good. Tomorrow I taking her to a local dealership to get her inspected since I bought her out of state and I need to have her inspected here in Texas and while there I will have her oil changed.

Oh, I did have one bad thing happen an 18 wheeler kicked up a rock which hit the windshield and ithe dI'd pUT a chip in the glass. I will also get that repaired tomorrow too.

Donny helped me mask off the front of my car with blue painters tape before I hit the road which saved the cars paint job. After taking it off I didn't notice any damage to the car and no dead bugs in the paint.
    I'll post some pictures in a second. I hope i made sense and I didn't ramble on if I did please excuse me I haven't been to sleep yet.

Again thanks you to all the advice and information you all have given and will give in the future. I have a other to learn about my car. I still need to go over all the paperwork and owners manual.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations drive in health

3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Angel, I am so glad to read that you had a great experience at the dealership, and a safe trip home! (Just a little side note, my husband, Marty, and I bought 2 vehicles from that very dealership back when he was still in the Navy and we were stationed in Charleston. :D) When you get time, please do share some pictures of the new Cat. Here's sending you a hearty GRTZ! Now, go get some sleep ... that is an order! LOL!

April

4. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No pics then it never happened LOL welcome to our hellcat family site!!! I also fixed your thread name from hellvat to hellcat

5. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you guys.
    April I was just amazed as to how friendly and helpful the guys were at Hendricks were. Donny & Mark Nunn the finance manager were so great it felt like we were all old buddies. South Carolina was pretty too and I picked a great day to go over there the weather was nice and cool.

This is me picking up my baby:
    20150914_115821 - Copy.jpg
    Her heart and soul!

20150914_124510.jpg

Original mileage:
    20150914_133805.jpg

Me and Donny:
    20150914_154944.jpg

20150914_155014.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My current mileage:
    20150915_161316.jpg

7. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I took my wife for a quick spin since this is the first time she has seen the car. While driving in it she said it looked great, she liked the interior and she said the car seemed very mild mannered (like where's the horsepower). :eek::confused::mad:
    So I took her on the freeway and I unleased the HC for a quick second. No I didn't do any burn outs, chirp the tires or even broke the speed limit I just let her feel the quick power of the HC by getting up to freeway speed quickly. I don't do anything reckless or illegal especially on the public roadway where people can get hurt. She was amazed at how fast the HC got up to speed. She said it scared her the way it pulled her back into the seat. Now that's more of the response I wanted to hear about my new baby. Lol!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lol awesome I'm sharing on FB HC page

9. MzKitty

MzKitty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats Angel. I saw your Cat Monday when I was there getting work done on MzKitty. It's the 2nd Hellcat I have seen. What a small world me and MzKitty are from South Texas and will be here in Charleston for the next year. What are the odds that two Texans and their Cats would be at the same Charleston dealer. Enjoy your cat they are a blast.

10. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    MzKitty, that is neat. Its a shame we missed each other we all could have had lunch together. My flight landed on Monday at around 10:20a then we went for lunch and arrived at the dealership around noon.

11. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    hellcatdotclub, thank you for catching and fixing my misspell from yesterday I was so tired from the drive it was unreal. I was so exhausted that I couldn't sleep and I my body finally crashed at around 11pm last night.

12. holdon

holdon Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Nice!!

13. My71Gs

My71Gs Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice congratulations enjoy!

14. Shasta's Dad

Shasta's Dad Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats and enjoy your new Cat.:D

15. Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics Silver Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations!!! It's a beauty for sure

Nick C.