My opinion and a friendly word to my Hellcat friends and family on here

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Carnage, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Touchy subject but I wanted to address it if not in all parts then some.

I've seen some disturbing, negative posts lately. I literally spent an hour this morning looking over many threads while getting my cardio on. Some members I used to know were really easy going and friendly now have turned into negative Nellies, Debbie Downers and etc.

Members flaming vendors please stop and play nice, you buy the product, try and be positive, test it if it's not perfect already, be encouraging and give test feedbacks so the vendors can correct and ship that new fix or part to you to make it right. If there's a problem with their product the vendors are responsible for making it right. We don't run their companies nor do we own their companies to magically solve your problems. No magic wand will make your complaints go away in an instant.

Its completely unnecessary to call vendors liars and stealers as if they robbed the bank. It's getting old for members who want to log on here every time to see so much complaining and pointing fingers so willy billy. So much time has been put into whining and moaning on here when you can just as easily instead be a productive part of the feedback team work system and if you bought something to make your hellcat go faster you should try it out and if it don't work the way it's suppose to just return it if for some reason you can't work it out with the vendor.

None of our vendors have lied or stolen, some folks on here crying everyday about small gains in the Hellcat power forget that off the factory SRT Engineers did a mighty fine job of tuning the car prior to production.

Needless to say without Tuning you won't get the results you want. OMG ARE YOU FOR REAL? yep I'm for real.

Some members forgot the definition of stealing and lying, that's when you give money to someone and you get no products and/or service in return. Stealing is when someone takes your stuff with or without your realizing it without your consent. Some folks need to calm down and be positive and work with great vendors who provide great products and customer service. There's so much negativity in this world in real life off the forums some folks come here online to escape it, yet some literally SEEM like they're on here just to get a kick out of throwing and shooting negative bullets at some or anyone.

I know that not everyone can be pleased as we all have different opinions and views on everything, but hey real life talk, nothing is perfect! Life isn't perfect. Everyone knows this I mean come on!

Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion but man oh man please be positive and helpful to each other.

Just because you don't have someone to bully on each and everyday in person does not mean you can come on here and bully other members and vendors. You know who I'm talking to so please with GREAT RESPECT please play nice and be friendly and positive for the whole community. Being negative, crying like babies, disrespectful will eventually hurt ANY communities you are a part of it don't matter who it is. I'm just saying this once and it's JUST MY ENCOURAGING OPINION. :) :D

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Winner Winner x 13
    • Like Like x 3
  2. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well said and very similar to what I posted last night. Very happy to see a staff member here feel the same way! We want a positive community and to be here for years and years! Thanks for the great post!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm sure I'm taking this wrong..
    Your calling out the crying babies (me)..
    Yet I don't see you calling out vendors that are less then honest. You can dance and sing and spin all you want. You can try and ignore or just sweep under the rug and hope it goes away; but the bottom line is. AFE (yes I say the name!) made claims that have been proven over and over and over to be wrong! They made a small fortune in Benjamin's ... And are now laying back hoping for this to blow over.
    And the above attitudes seem to be. Well, just inconvenient for you..
    I'm old school, a believe we all should be held responsible for our actions..
    I believe this site and you in this case acted as accessories in this matter.
    I believe for evil to triump good men have to do nothing.. And wanting to ignore or call out those (me) that call stupid stupid and a theft a theft; well that's doing nothing.. And that is not encouraging..
    And again.. I paid the price to AFE, I have skin in this game-

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. ranger75

ranger75 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well said HCDC!!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. mike@bwp

mike@bwp Gold Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    well said Hellcatdotclub, been trying to push instagram followers of ours here and they keep saying too much drama, and so on. I believe if you have a gripe with a Vendor put in into their section, it shouldn't be in every thread. It's also extremely disrespectful to mention another vendor or their product in another paying vendors section (guys we pay top dollar for our section, currently if you post any AFE bullshit in our section it is immediately removed as AFE does not help pay our forums dues) Kinda getting old for me personally, for one I used to enjoy coming to the forums and seeing new builds, checking the DIY threads, hell i even enjoy shooting with the shit with someone in another country like their sitting next to you, I've even made plenty of very close friends on forums. But when I come to the forums its like one continuous thread about what one vendor did, I'm honestly not enjoying it much anymore.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't think AFE straight out lied, but they certainly didn't tell the whole story. I really doubt they took 1 car, simply swapped out the CAI and then got 37 HP gain. They either did something else to the car (and hence did lie) or test several cars and cherry picked the one that got the good results. Either way, its bad and I think calling them out on it is 100% justified. This forum started with good folk just looking for information but it's becoming/gotten too commercial. You can't say anything bad about a vendor (hence why one of our most knowledgeable members, Dr Buick, is no longer here).

As always, money got in the way of a good thing.

I never bought the CAI so I don't have a dog in the fight, just standing up for members to be free to give an opinion on a product so that others don't make the same mistake. That is why there are reviews on everything you buy on the internet, squashing the reviews because the product does not live up to its advertising is not what this country is about.

Now I totally agree with mike@bwp in that it doesn't need to be in every part of the forum, keep it in that section

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Hugh Jorgan

Hugh Jorgan Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    totally understand what you are saying and if everyone was more like me, the forum, the country and the world would be a better place.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. MaxxMuscle

MaxxMuscle Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think if u have a problem with a vendor here just pick up the phone and call them.I've talked to a few here and they went out of there way to help me.As far as AFE.......they are given a refund on the product so if ur not happy just send it back.

• Agree Agree x 9
  9. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is not news. ALL vendors put themselves in a good light (K&N great example). I take all vendor testing with a grain of salt. Not a lie, as I'm sure they got their 37hp at some point. Lord knows how. I guess it could be considered a deception. But like OP says, it's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I think you should call out by name who you are referring to this isn't the office;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Totally agree, but it's also OK to share your experience so that others have all the info. That's the power of a forum

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Shake&Bake

Shake&Bake Back to (1) Club?

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So I read HCDC's post, and I thought I would weigh in. While I have had the pleasure of meeting HCDC on several occasions, and think he is a stand up guy, I couldn't disagree more. Just so everyone knows I am a Hellcat owner and an AFE-CAI owner,( see pic). I think that since I have both it gives me the right to say anything I want. After all, this is the Internet. While I haven't chosen to say anything, I feel I have the right to do so. I own a plumbing company, and people put negative and positive comments about me all the time, all over the Internet. To me it comes with the territory. My other issue is that being a moderator on this Forum, and defending a paid advertiser, is another problem, ( sorry Ben ). I think if anyone says anything it should be AFE. I think if you make a claim, and can't back it up with results, you get what you deserve. If you also notice I have not said anything about this product and don't intend too. Mine CAI is still in the box in the pic, I haven't decided what I'm gonna do with it yet.
    On a positive note for AFE, I know I have the right to send it back.
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. White Trash

White Trash BMF Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC National Vice Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Very Well Said !

WT

• Like Like x 1
  14. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Well said S+B. Ring a bell Mike?

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, but there are better ways of "bashing" than getting all-out nasty. My Humble Examples:

BULLSH!T:
    BS.jpg

FCA STOOGES:
    FCA_Stooges.jpg

EVIL FCA:
    EVILFCA.jpg

:D