My ride for the day

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by april77, Apr 14, 2015.

1. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was ready to go to an appointment this morning, walked out the door to leave, and for a moment was shocked that Dante was not there. I momentarily forgot that I dropped him off yesterday to have the spoiler painted. I had to drive Stinky the Beater Truck, and I was not pleased, to put it mildly. SIGH. I pick Dante up tomorrow morning, and tomorrow cannot get here fast enough!!! Behold, Stinky ... in all of his "glory"! I miss Dante, badly!

April

stinky1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No thumb down button LOL.

So how did he get the name 'stinky'?

3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Because this truck was once my husband's main ride. He has spilled more coffee, chocolate milk, and every other beverage known to man all over the inside of this truck. I named him Stinky back in 2000, because he smelled God-Awful (soured chocolate milk ... GAG), and did for YEARS. It is a '98, and literally, the truck has been washed 3 times ... ever. The last time was by me, last September, because I was reduced to using Stinky while I waited on Dante to be built (after I placed the order for Dante, I hammered out the trade deal for my 2013 392 and did not want to put more miles on it, so I left it on the dealer's back lot with a no drive order. They could not sell it, drive it, show it, but it was on their property, therefore their responsibility if something happened to it. Trust me, it was a looooong 3 months while waiting for Dante, and Stinky made it seem muuuuuuuuch longer!) I got out and cleaned that truck inside and out as best I could, and after 2 bottles of FeBreeze, he does not actually smell bad anymore. But, of course, after 17 years, he will always be known as Stinky.

April

PS - In my opinion, all Stinky is really good for is transporting dogs to the Vet, and large trash/junk items to the landfill!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Poor April but gotta say that was entertaining story :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to here your husband has a drinking problem.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. sleepingtiger74

sleepingtiger74 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Are all of you cars, males?

7. april77

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No, but most of them have been, LOL! I had a wonderful '88 Honda Accord that I adored, and her name was Sophia because it felt female to me. :D

April

PS - Sophia was the only foreign car I have ever owned, and I must say, she was awesome!

8. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    whats that green stuff????

9. april77

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

It is yellow pine pollen. I keep Dante as pollen free as possible with frequent baths, but Ol'Stinky gets the build up of the stuff. Stinky will not get bathed until there is no more pollen for the year. I am only washing him once, not 2-3 times a week like I do Dante, LOL!

April

10. april77

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I must give credit where it is due, though ... Stinky is a dependable old thing! There is only one time in 17 years that trunk did not start up right away, and that was in 2013 when the battery was completely, totally, hopelessly, D E A D. We did not realize that it had been over 11 months since either one of us had driven Stinky, and the 12 year old battery sitting in it had given up the ghost, so to speak. So, for reliability, Stinky does win a prize!

April

11. budkole

budkole Best Color and fastest is undoubtedly WHITE

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    you know, I always wondered why dodge didn't match paint the spoiler on the challengers....anybody know why?

12. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    April, your truck is going to get a complex naming him Stinky the Beater when his younger brother is named Dante'

13. MikeD1

MikeD1 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    As you noted, those old Rangers are super reliable !! Not much to look at, but they take a beating and just keep going !

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. LForst

LForst Driver of Badassery

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What color are you painting the spoiler?

15. april77

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I do not know the answer to that one, but my 2013 392 had a self colored spoiler, and I liked it much better than the black spoiler on the 2009 SRT8 and now the HellCat. Come to think of it, the 2013 392 might have had a self colored spoiler because of the rally stripes (yes, that is Stinky photobombing to the right ).

April

ozzyspoiler.jpg