My SRT Track Experience Review

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by usmc341, Dec 5, 2015.

1. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Today I attended the second to last SRT Track Experience. After tomorrow's session, no mas. Ever. When I registered back in May, I didn't know this. Just lucky I guess.

The experience was simply phenomenal. I not only learned a bunch, but left with a different perspective on these cars. The staff was great. All the instructors are current or former race car drivers. They push these cars to the limit. I drove Vipers, Challenger Hellcats, SRT Cherokees, and Chargers.

The main thing you take away from the experience is how stout these cars are. The last section was called the "hot lap". This is where you ride shotgun with your instructor. I was lucky enough to be in a Hellcat M6. What a blast. Felt like i was back in 1971. Paddles? What's that? This guy banged gears and screamed around the track near redline for 2 1/2 miles. No clutch issues. No noticeable heat soak. I specifically asked about the M6 clutches, and the trepidation some people have about their reliability. He replied that both of their M6's have 12k hard SRT Exp. miles and they have the original clutch. It's how you drive it he said. So, M6 owners.. DON'T BABY IT.

After today's experience, it really put things in perspective. THESE CARS ARE MEANT TO BE DRIVEN HARD. All the minor issues like paint imperfections, squeaks, saggy seats, etc fade away when you put these cars in their element. These are street legal race cars. Drive them that way and don't sweat the small stuff. Believe me they can take it.

It's sad that this program is going away. It was unique to the brand and really connected owners to their cars.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. HCApologist

HCApologist Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah, I haven't been able to purchase a Hellcat Challenger yet, I want the Go Mango if possible. One of the things I was most excited about was this SRT Experience. I wanted to take part in it at Laguna Seca, my favorite track! Now I can't, real bummer for sure! Hopefully they will reinstate it at some point in the future!

3. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    love the hot lap with the pro/instructor, so I thought I was pushing the car right to the limit of losing traction and spinning out in the turns....I wasn't even close to doing what the cars are capable of. That was my biggest take away from my SRT track experience...well that and the fact that we have some pretty cool hellcat owners that I got to meet.

4. fflundy

fflundy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was afraid that I was going to break my Hellcat until I did the SRT Track Experience. Now I'm trying to!!! Theses things are made to endure you and me! Have fun, be careful for others, but don't worry, your Hellcat is tougher than you!
    Jim #426

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was fortunate enough to attend several times. It was always a fun day even when it was 95+ in Texas.
    Now I have a Hellcat and a voucher that I will try to sell to someone because I don't think I want to travel to Arizona to attend the loss leader one day and I can't see the cost to attend the additional days.
    Not saying the new experience will be a bad one, just that I was mislead about what the voucher was good for when I bought the cat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I contacted SRT about the coming year experience a few weeks ago....they said the schedule would be up in January and the Petty driving school would no longer be sponsoring....no mention of discontinuing...

• Like Like x 1
  7. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They will offer to send to you the Bondurant driving school in Arizona. It is not connected or run by SRT personnel. They will no longer do multiple sites.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. fflundy

fflundy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I spoke to Hammer, one of the lead instructors, he said it is done Period. WILL NOT exist as the SRT Driving Experience as it was. Sadly...
    Jim

9. fflundy

fflundy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  10. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Come to think of it someone had mentioned before that it would be in Arizona only at a driving school. I emailed SRT about it because the SRT Experience was not listed on my window sticker. The lady at SRT just told my car still qualified and they would put up a schedule in Jan. Maybe she was referring to the Arizona deal. Don't matter anyway...I have been to 7 of the events..LOL..

11. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I knew it was too good to last. Glad I went when I had the chance but I'm thoroughly PO'd that I paid for a voucher with my Cat, Dodge took so long to deliver the Cat all the venues were closed by the time I got it and now I'm stuck with a useless (to me) voucher. I just knew when it was not listed on the sticker there was problem.

12. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    He was my lead instructor.Great guy

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dragon

Dragon Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bondurant will be running the SRT experience now.....you can still attend.

I have been through the SRT petty school now I want to do the Bondurant school.

I agree with what you said all the things some people nit pick over is just that.....this is a car DRIVE IT. that being said I do plan on keeping my vehicle and giving it to my 7 year old when he is 30+ years old....so I plan on keeping it but I also want to drive it. my son will get many of my vehicles when he is older....some are very limited productions vehicles my son has no idea what he has at this point.