My wife's first drive in the HC

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MattG, May 30, 2016.

1. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Wanted my wife to drive the Charger since we got it. My trip to the Fort Indiantown Gap cemetery was a great
    opportunity for her to experience the cat.

I put the drive mode into everything soft, and lowered it to 500HP so not to have her get scared first time out.
    Within 15 minutes she started to grin, the car rode very well in the subdued settings. (for her)
    She was white knuckled at first and i asked her why. she said i can't be the one to have anything happen to this car. Well, it is only a car i told her and if she gets used to this one, she can have one for her own if she wanted.

I left the audible on for speed control, since i like to hear the voice every so often to advise me that i am over the posted speed limit. But when i drive it i have to stop for water for her since she talks to me often.
    Well after a few times, the voice tells us that we are exceeding the limit and her remark was " who the hell is asking you?" I had to laugh, since it is so easy to not go over the limit in these cars.
    She is relaxed on the wheel at this point and traveling with the cruise control. We get paced a lot at this "slow" speed and got an invite from a Corvette. She declined and he went on his way. Especially with all the radar out this weekend.

On the way home it was in default mode and she had questions every so often about this noise she heard. she was passing out a semi when it was heard.
    After a short while i pinpointed the noise she heard as the SuperCharger just at the point of engaging.
    she was at the door to make the Cat pounce but held back just enough that it did not kick in.

One small step for me to get her in the cat and one giant step for her to almost feel the cat come alive.
    Maybe next time she will get on it. Diane in the HC.jpg

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  2. ciphros

ciphros Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Glad to hear you got her to take it for a spin! Hope next time she gets comfortable enough to send it to warp speed!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. blaze

blaze ☆★✪ The Watcher ✪★☆ Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    very cool. be careful, you may open pandora's box and have to fight over who is going to drive. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Funny story MattG... Can't get my wife to drive mine! At least she will go out for ice cream with me!;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If my car was the a8 my wife would drive it and love it.
    I know she would have the same reaction as your wife too. It has become something we do together when we go cruising

Thanks for sharing. Sweet car brother

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My wife drove once while I was busy with something else. She took the car to pick up our son and said, I can get used to this car lol

But I know she was so scared since she hasn't taken out after that

• Like Like x 1
  7. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Matt, tell your wife to use the real, er, I mean, the red key and truly enjoy herself! :D

April

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great story MattG. I'm still waiting for Kerry to drive mine. She keeps threatening too. I've only had my Cat a year so no rush. When she does it will be with the red key. Heck I don't know where my black key is although I could turn it down on the dash.

9. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    we only had the red key with us. The black one is in my dresser drawer never to be seen.

I only put it in 500HP mode for her on the way to the cemetery. On the way home it went back into default mode and that is 700.
    Thats when she heard the SC getting ready to "help out". lol

in time I hope she would get on it. but she is much more careful after watching all those crazy commercials.
    She thinks it will fry the tires on the first time she has to use it. she gets it- that they are only commercials but after doing donuts with one of our earlier cars in the snow. she hesitates to put it to the wood.
    BTW the donuts were not planned. she was making a turn coming up a hill and the car did a 360

Scared the hell out of her.

Matt