Navigator going out

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Maintenance' started by Red Harley, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Red Harley

Red Harley Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member HCC National Secretary

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well the first issue we have had with our Hellcat seems to be a small one compared to some I have read about but to me it is bad. Our navigator keeps going out and showing the earth. Yes, I know we are on the earth but dang when you are in a big city this is very aggravating to say the least. I tried resetting it and then it hung and kept saying we were 12 miles from our destination and we were actually only a block away. Thanks to having the iPhone as a back up we arrived safely. If anyone has any info on this problem we would appreciate the help.

2. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It sounds like the latest software flash is causing this. Might need to reinstall the software again.

3. Red Harley

Red Harley Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member HCC National Secretary

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I will try that. I just installed the update two weeks ago and it has just today messed up worked fine Saturday. Oh well I will check the update again. Thanks

4. Jim M

Jim M SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Wish I'd seen your post earlier. I just posted with the same problem. I do have the latest software installed.

5. Mark1107

Mark1107 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Navigation Resetting After Uconnect Update - Anyone? | SRT Hellcat Forum

I downloaded the update to stop someone from hacking my car. My 2015 Hellcat immediately took the update on the first try and worked great. I was driving the car today with the navigation screen showing and it rebooted twice? I also got a reboot with an active address I putted in the screen.

I just bought a 2014 Dodge Viper GTS, and the dealer, not me did the update, for the hack, and the viper navigation screen rebooted as well 3 or 4 times in a 30 minute drive.

Neither car rebooted BEFORE the update, and I know both cars don't have faulty or loose wiring. I did one update, the dealer did the second one...

Anyone else? Can someone drive with navigation screen showing and see if it does it? Thank you for your help.

Lots of posts in the general discussion! Lots of Vipers having the same problems pre and post updates! Wth dodge?

6. Jim M

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I posted another thread about the same issue. Now I'm wondering if there is a satellite problem or something like that. I have not yet tried it while actually using the nav a destination, just the map display. It's doing it again today.

7. ChargeCat

ChargeCat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I think it may be a problem with the satellites as yesterday the "weather map" would not function properly. It just looked like it was "navigating" without the directions. I have the latest update and everything has been fine except for yesterday.

8. Colorado Hellcat

Colorado Hellcat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Mine has been going blank & then re-setting also since the security update.

9. Jim M

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Mine did fine today. I'm thinking there may have been a satellite problem that is now fixed. Time will tell.