NBA Superstar LeBron James Buys a Kia, Officially Becomes “Luxury Brand Ambassador”

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Carnage, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Source caranddriver
    [​IMG]

Attention! May all the king’s men and the court come to attention? Kia has enlisted ten-time NBA All-Star LeBron James as the brand’s “luxury ambassador” for its K900sedan. King James, for his part, seems very excited about his very own 420-horsepower, gadget-laden luxo-barge, tweeting his love for the sedan back in August. That’s high (but totally not paid for) praise from the NBA star and car enthusiast, who has a pretty impressive automotive stable.

Believe it or not, but according to Kia, James actually purchased a K900 before being approached to be the automaker’s latest brand ambassador. Having liked the car so much, James signed a multiyear deal to push Kia’s nicer stuff. In case you were curious, the star’s K900 joins a rather impressive collection, which—according to this duPont Registry report—includes a Lamborghini Aventador roadster, custom-wrapped with a scheme matching the inside of the “King’s Pride” Nike LeBron XI collector shoe, as well as a Porsche 911 Turbo S, Ferrari F430 Spider, Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG, and Maybach 57S. Oh, and of course, there’s the Ferrari 458 Spider that James used to cruise around Miami and brought with him back to Cleveland.

To King James’s credit, he hasn’t tweeted about any of his cars besides the Kia K900 this year. And with his customized BMW 760Li put up for sale as of last month, apparently he’s got room in the garage for another white sedan.

The big Kia isn’t a bad car—we totally dig our long-term K900′s power, space, and cushy ride—but let’s be real: It’s going to feel very self-conscious in James’ garage, surrounded by all those fancy badges. As for LeBron himself, we look forward to whatever advertisements Kia’s marketing team incorporates the star into, especially given how the carmaker’s TV commercials with fellow brand ambassador and NBA star Blake Griffin are hugely entertaining.

2. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    OMG!!! I cannot believe I missed this post. LMAO!!!! LeBron is seriously desperate for some cash!!! I love any add that says "Hey, its not a bad car" LOL. Translates to, Hey its not as crappy as you think!!! This was good for cheering me up after finding out my Hellbaby isn't going anywhere anytime soon!! Thanks for sharing.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lmfao I was like why would he do this

• Agree Agree x 1