Need an A8 Track Mode Video

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by roostinyfz, Aug 28, 2015.

1. roostinyfz

roostinyfz Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ok since my manual transmission allocation was allocated on the 17th and now taken away on the 27th I'm debating on getting an A8.

Can somebody post up a video of them banging through the gears with the paddle shifters in track mode? I'd love to see that. I drove a A8 392 but not in track mode and I understand it really bangs through the gears. What are your thoughts.... I know another manual vs. auto thread. Sorry.

2. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I will do one tomorrow if you want. But, I can tell you it is noticeable, it is faster to shift and much, much firmer. Additionally, the programming is different, it shifts at higher RPM (within its range, it does not raise the max RPM at the shift), and it really behaves different in a more aggressive manner holding gears and downshifting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    In the Charger HC it goes from mild to wild. Street is relaxed, gentle shifts early and often. quick roll to 8th gear.

Sport mode raises the bar with crisper shifts that easily will chirp at medium throttle. Shifts are delayed and seems to hold about 5th or 6th gear. There is no roll to drive (8th). Sport mode will let you float a little before downshifting. Coast into a light to stop and it will downshift like a stick. Punch it at a 35 mph float and expect the rear end to break loose. Put it in manual mode and a 1st to 2nd shift while adding throttle will break it loose.

Track mode all bets are off. Extremely fast and extra firm shifts...touch the paddle and it's done. Track mode shift patterns (up and down) are aggressive. Let off the throttle and it will downshift, stay off for a bit longer and it will downshift again preparing for your next throttle up. Use with care as tires don't last long in this mode. YMMV...

4. roostinyfz

roostinyfz Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That would be greatly appreciated!

5. BATTLECAT

BATTLECAT Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I plan on getting a A8 if my order ever goes through but would be neat to see the video

6. Phisco65

Phisco65 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If still interested in an M6 Challenger HC, there is a dealer in Florida that had one allocation available as of yesterday. Suncoast Dodge in Seminole, FL (St. Petersburg). $3k over MSRP. (877) 809-3179. Ask for Jeff Kasman and tell him Phil sent you.

7. CNYHC

CNYHC SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is a pretty god vid of the whole car. There are parts ov the vid where you can hear the A8 shifting in track mode...It is stupid fast..

8. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree at 21:50 and the burn-out at 23:00. That is good track mode stuff, both on a downshift and then burn-out. I can't do better.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cerino2000

Cerino2000 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    On the 1-2 shift the car is way faster than me in paddle mode. Its so quick to the top of the gear it is amazing. Gotta say half my challengers have been manuals, other half autos. The A8 is a game changer. Hellcat + A8 + Sport Mode is some serious fun.