Need help 2 new throttle bodies car still broke

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by alex_jrs21, Sep 9, 2015.

1. alex_jrs21

alex_jrs21 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    so let's recap car start saying service electronic throttle response car would not respond while I was on the road had to pull over turn off turn back on about 2 months ago

Took car to dealer for the first time they said it needed a simple reset ok car worked for 2 days problem came back

Took the car back to service for second time they said it needed a new throttle body took 2 weeks to come picked it up drove it normally then the problem is back ..

so took it back to the dealer for the 3rd time they send test reports up and down to dodge the guys that built the car for 2 weeks they really couldn't find the problem so they assumed the throttle body they installed was defected and figured lets try a new one again. Well got it out 4 days ago was driving it normal and the same exact problem came back while i was on the free way the car start slowing down when i gave gas nothing happend then from me going so slow on the freeway some one almost rear ended me.

so i see no reason to even call the dealer any more but i will update them I'm just going to speak to srt directly and tell them the car is a lemon

so i will see what are my options are a buy back would be ok i guess but i could have sold it and made money plus i love my hellcat i didn't only want 6 months with it.and lets say they wanna replace my car can they even give me new one and if so how long will that take plus theres no more sublime and what about the things i added to my car like the head rest, wrap hood and tail stripe

Any suggestions on what other steps I should take and what you think dodge might do thank you in adavance

2. alex_jrs21

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    and here is a picture of what the car showed when the problem came back today

Attached Files:

3. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I bet you have a bad accelerator pedal,,, GM cars are good for having this problem, I really don't see them buying back your car if there able to fik the problem,, plus your better off keeping it, your name is on the window sticker... Give them another chance to fix it...........

4. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    sounds like a throttle position issue, its easier to just replace the throttle body then do that so expect them to start digging in deeper.

5. alex_jrs21

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i had them look at the pedal and the throttle position also because other member told to me tell em and they did and still can't find the problem and the service manager told me if its not fix this time they will see about a buy back or replacement

• Like Like x 1
  6. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I hope that it works out for you, either fix or replace,, sucks that your still having issues.... How many miles on your car??

7. fnkychkn

fnkychkn swollen member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    P0069-MANIFOLD PRESSURE/BAROMETRIC PRESSURE CORRELATION

The 6.2L engine uses several sensors to monitor the air pressure and temperature throughout the intake air system. The PCM uses this information to help calculate fuel delivery, ignition timing and Supercharger control. The PCM runs diagnostics to check the rationality of the sensors. The Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor is the centralized sensor in the system and is the main sensor used for the rationality diagnostics of the airflow before and after the Throttle Body.

When Monitored and Set Conditions
    When Monitored:

• This diagnostic runs continuously with the engine running.

Set Conditions:

• During natural aspiration operation the Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor reading is greater that the BARO reading plus 10.3 kPa (1.49 psi), or during boost operation the Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor is not within 15 kPa (2.18 psi) of the BARO reading.

Default Actions:

• The MIL light will illuminate.
      • Boost is disabled.

Possible Causes

SUPERCHARGER BYPASS VALVE STICKING OR INTERMITTENT ELECTRICAL CONNECTION
    THROTTLE BODY STICKING OR INTERMITTENT ELECTRICAL CONNECTION
    SUPERCHARGER INLET PRESSURE SENSOR OUT OF RANGE
    BARO SENSOR OUT OF RANGE

this seems to be just another symptom of the same issue. have they (dealer) been able to duplicate the concern? if not, have they tried to install an event data recorder? possible poor contact at connection points? maybe a little stabilant could help?

BTW, trying to keep track of all your symptoms is confusing enough without having to keep searching for your old threads.
    pick a thread and stick to it!
    :confused:

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    let us know what SRT says, it does seem to be in the territory of lemon status. Though, unless SRT says you can have the next one on the line that is being made, I think I'd lean towards them trying to keep fixing it or else you'd be without the car for a very long time.

Try a new dealer, maybe those guys just don't know jack.

• Like Like x 1
  9. nkdave

nkdave Sublime, black hood, M6

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This really sucks! I hope you get it worked out soon. Please keep us posted!

10. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to hear Brother,

Just remember you have the lemon law on your side. It will get resolved ;););););)

11. alex_jrs21

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    well spoke to the dealer i told him my car is still not fixed he went into shock did not reply for 30 seconds then said ok. I asked him should i bring the car back to their service he said no theres really no point there nothing else to check on the car . he said he's been talking with star .....that like there elite service help or something so he said let me talk to my manager and ill call you back in a hour......that was Friday day still hasn't heard from him since.

btw the codes my car is showing are
    P0123
    P0222
    P069

12. Immo

Immo Moparpalooza

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'd say it's time to look for a new dealership.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The FCA SuperTech comes through again, way to go bro

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Purnrg, you work for fca???