Need some advice on Dealer

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Trent, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Trent

Trent Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I need some advice on what to do with my dealer. I paid a $1,000 deposit and placed my order back in July, was told I was 5th on their list. Apparently my dealer is not very high up on the totem pole, as of today none of the cars they've ordered have been put into production. I know there will be a 2nd allocation in Dec and I'm cool with waiting a bit longer, but since I'm 5th in line what are the odds that my dealer will get 5 cars in the 2nd alottment when they couldn't even get a single one in the first? How do you find out how many cars a dealer will be alotted? Should I switch dealers? If so, how do I find out who the top Dodge dealers are in my market? Because as I understand it they're going to be alotted more Cats. I'd rather be at the back of a list on a Dealer that's sure to get cars instead of the middle of the list on a dealer that isn't getting squat.

2. Zacuda

Zacuda Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ask your dealer how many they were allocated. I asked mine and they told me that got three in the first allocation. I am first on the list for the second allocation in December.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi Trent, welcome to our hellcat family site!

I would recommend you talk to a sales rep who will give you the actual low down on how much allocation they have. If they are small they probably have 0 or 1 allocation per month most likely. Only your dealership can answer this situation you're in, try to speak to a senior sales rep or manager and have them look at their computer system. Have them be up front to you so you can move onto to another dealer if need be. Someone may recommend other dealers here but the popular go to reps seem to be booked as well.

4. RoadwarriorCA

RoadwarriorCA Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi Trent. At least at my dealer, I found that the Internet Manger seemed to be able to talk the talk..... in contrast to my sales rep. Anyway, how far up the food chain did you go at the dealer? It was probably a fluke, but the day I signed the paperwork, the owner came out and shook my hand (one of two allotted and sold). He said his door was open.....which I WILL USE if I get pis*** off.

5. Trent

Trent Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I asked my sales rep what their allocation is, he says they should know more next week. Kind of a BS response IMO. May have to go higher up the food chain.

6. Trent

Trent Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dude that's awesome, congrats! Wish I had got that lucky. But have no fear, you will see me out Cattin around...

7. JBS$

JBS$ Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ask to look at the order screen yourself. It is here where you can sort out your status and whether your order has been accepted or not. If the Dealer refuses to allow you to look, consider that he has already answered your question.

8. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, move up the food chain is usually a good way to get some results.

9. walter roberson

walter roberson Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I recommend dealing straight with the owner. That is how it has worked best for me. Its always based on personality, but if the owner does not want to talk with you, I recommend taking a walk. Employees take on the attitude of the boss, so if the owner is not a good at customer service, neither will his employees provide good service. Just food for thought. My dealer owner always answers the phone when I call his cell or text, even on weekends. Bottom line is dealers (unless they mark up) are not going to make a lot on hellcats due to low volume of sales, but there is significant value for them to have their dealer name on the back of a hellcat. Its the best advertisement they can have for a vehicle that is going to attract so much attention on the road. That creates foot traffic, and that moves more darts off the lot. If an owner won't take some time to cater to a buyer that is purchasing the most expensive car he can sell (- a viper) then walk away and find one who will.

10. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep, that is BS. I have built a relationship with the General Manager of my local dealership (owner's son). He knew exactly what their allotment was and what options would be available at first build. Anytime I have had questions, the General Manager has been able to answer them. I purchased from a smaller lot and my car was the only one in first allotment. I do keep my salesperson in the loop and he checks in, but with a car of this magnitude, you should be able to speak with a GM and get answers. Good Luck!;)

11. Smitty

Smitty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The problem that you are facing is that the larger the dealer and the bigger the allotment that they have , the more deposits they also have. My dealer only has one coming and one more in December but has 9 deposits. My understanding is that the largest dealer in the US is only getting 6, so to find a dealer that's allocated more than 2-3 would be extremely hard and they would more than likely have a long list of deposits already. The allotment system tells them what they should get but don't forget , some dealers might get penalized for sitting on them and the since the allotment is based off of Sept. - Dec. Dodge sales no one will know until Dec. arrives. So, bottom line, don't let someone tell you that they know for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Trent

Trent Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the tips guys, think I'll ask for the GM and see if I can get some more detailed info.

• Like Like x 2
  13. White Trash

White Trash BMF Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC National Vice Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Allocation is the Key Word. The next round is in December 2014 so start calling around find the dealers with Vipers. Those guys are the Major Players in the SRT game.

WT

14. RoadwarriorCA

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Come to think of it, I think your right. The dealer I settled on did have a couple of Vipers and they were allocated (2) Hellcats instead of the other dealers that were allocated only one or two.

15. RoadwarriorCA

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Oops! meant zero or one allotted....