Need some help with my Barton Shifter

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Performance' started by tweak84, May 28, 2015.

1. tweak84

tweak84 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    About 2 weeks ago I installed the Barton short shifter and I love it. Today I jacked the car up to install the skip shift eliminator and when I went to drive it the shifter seemed really sloppy and there was a metallic rubbing noise. When I got home I took apart the console and looked at the shifter I noticed that the two pins with the clips that secure the two black arms to the trans were gone!! Not really sure what to do, I've retraced my steps and they are no where to be found. Does any one know what the part number is for the pins or if a dealership would have them in stock? Thanks for the help, and sorry for the lack of paragraphs and otherwise terrible sentence structure.

2. Paul Elkins

Paul Elkins Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm not sure if it's the actual part number, but google 05038338AB. That is one vendors listing for them.

3. Aaron Vogel

Aaron Vogel Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Silly question, but did you rotate the pins around to the metal tabs "clipped" back into the housing? If i remember from my installs, one side slips under, the other side slips over. I had an issue with of them not staying clipped, but never had them work their way out

4. tweak84

tweak84 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I remember rotating them but maybe they didnt click back in all the way. I ordered new ones so I should have it back on the road by next week. Thanks for the help guys!