New Buyer, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by CASEYRX, Jun 16, 2016.

1. CASEYRX

CASEYRX Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hey guys and gals, long time addict of the forum and I am about to close on my new house in two weeks, so the fiance has given the go ahead to start dealing on a new Charger Hellcat. I live in Palm Beach County so it seems all the dealers I have been to have market value price upgrade $5000, $10,000 is this negotiable has anyone actually had to pay that recently? Im just looking to get as close to MSRP as I can but would love to have all the info I need going in. One dealership actually asked me to put a $10,000 hold on an incoming black/black Charger just in case someone buys it before me. Honestly I'm not about to leave $10,000 in a dealership for a color combo I don't want, I am willing to drive to wherever I have to that has what I want. Just looking for any input all of you have on the actual dealings you had in purchasing your hellcat. My birthday is July 23rd so thats my target date to have it in the driveway by then. Thanks everyone.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Red Harley

Red Harley Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member HCC National Secretary

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Shop around because there are dealers that do not charge over MSRP and some that do charge MSRP & small doc fee. You might have to travel out of state to get the best deal. We did.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. graycat

graycat Automobile Aficionado Extraordinaire Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the new house!!! Welcome to the forum!

If you are willing to drive, save yourself the 5 to 10 grand ADM and buy from out of town or even out of state.

I know that Rocky Top Dodge in Sevierville, TN has a B5 blue with stripes sitting (as of a week ago) on the showroom floor. I've been told it can be had for sticker which to me means it's negotiable. That said, there are
    other dealers that are reasonable. There's also a white one on the showroom floor at the Lenoir City Dodge dealer
    (TN) that can be had.

So if you don't mind to drive a little, search on the net, make some calls and you'll get what you want for around sticker.

If it happens to be from a dealer in East TN, contact me and I'll got look at the car and call you while I'm there to look it over and answer questions for you.

Very best of luck!

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. CASEYRX

CASEYRX Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Awesome thanks everyone for the advice, I'm not against buying out of state at all. Besides it would be a nice road trip back.

5. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I bought another car (14 GT500) from an out of state dealer. They delivered the car for $500.00. It was 8 hours each way and insured. So there's always a way to make it happen. If you save five to ten grand buying the car a few hundred dollars to get it delivered is a good trade off.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf VIP Hellcat Member

Running hard ... in the Wasteland of my Mind.
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In my state, dealers charge a $250 dock fee, whether they stick to MSRP on a new vehicle or not. Dock fee is non-negotiable. (Assume on a used vehicle it might be different).

The real issue on a new HC is: how much, if at all, are they're willing to stray from the MSRP (up or down)?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  7. rainmaker1965

rainmaker1965 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Casey congrats on the house and the opportunity on a new HC Charger. Thought I would give you info from here that the dealer I work with has three HC Chargers in stock. all three are at INVOICE plus $74.50 admin fee. Out the door. Contact my rep Dennis at 660-460-0008 that is his cell phone. He is located 10 east of Kansas city Mo. And all three hellcats are stored indoors......he has done this several times so he can arrange all the paperwork for you via phone or email.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    rainmaker1965...good "looking out"

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lumpy53

Lumpy53 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was just down in Florida and the dealer I was at in Kissimmee wanted 10 over ! I thought was high I paid msrp for my pearl white 16 here in Wi! Mine is for sale 1800. Miles a few small extras

10. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Please do yourself a big hellcat justice and shop your price. You will be a better person and owner because of it

11. Doug_38

Doug_38 Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A big thumbs up for using the Internet to search and research what's out there. Then text, email and call - everything is negotiable (and if not, just go on to the next). Most are willing to help you get in a Hellcat and you can find more now at MSRP - I've not seen any under that, but Dodge has these priced right with their current MSRP, so IMO that is a great value. Hope you find that right Cat by your birthday!:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  12. JimmyJ

JimmyJ Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Do NOT pay anything over MSRP! Travel if you have to, or play hardball locally. They'll get reasonable. The problem is that the dealerships know this is a "want" car, not a need car...so if you come in asking about one, they think they already have you hooked and can ask whatever they want. I think it's BS, but that's the way it is. Good luck and be patient and do some searching. You'll find what you want.

13. NoCoHC

NoCoHC Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In my opinion MSRP is paying too much at this point. There are a bunch out there below MSRP. Chargers are a little tougher to find than Challengers, but they are out there. I understand someone paying MSRP if they can't or aren't willing to travel or they want a car with very specific features and colors that aren't readily available. I think for most people the cost benefit of a plane ticket or shipping the car is worth the savings.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Red Harley

Red Harley Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member HCC National Secretary

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What color, Charger or Challenger are you looking for?

15. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Oh, I have another thought to add. This one is very important.

DON'T COMPRIMISE ON THE CAR. GET EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT (IF IT EXISTS).

Otherwise, you'll never be completely happy with the car.

Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 3