New Detroit Member

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by BluCat5, Jun 23, 2016.

1. BluCat5

BluCat5 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Im a future Hellcat owner I'm ordering a B5 Blue Challenger in about a month or so and I cant wait. This will be my first car and it's my dream car. Does anybody know how long it will take after ordering to pick it up or have delivered?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Have you shopped around? There are Hellcats on lots all across the country. There are also several threads here about locations with Hellcats. The wait can be 3 to 6 months at times but, it is so worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, and welcome. :) It will be a long wait for a build ... as Paladin06 said above, have you shopped around? There are lots of Hellcats around and some can even be gotten under sticker. Perhaps your dream Cat is on a showroom floor somewhere right now. Either way, Good Luck to you, and thnx for joining us. Lots of information to be had here!

April

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. terryturner

terryturner Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome from Newport, MI. You can probably find what you're looking for on a lot with no ordering needed. If u do order I recommend Suburban Chrysler of Garden City. They were amazing to deal with and other forum members here have used them and will agree.

Post leads on Hellcats

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the forum and the community!

• Like Like x 1
  6. BluCat5

BluCat5 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I haven't really shopped around yet but it looks like I probably should. I'll take that advice because waiting 3-6 months is not something I wanna do.

• Like Like x 2
  7. IgoFast

IgoFast Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine took months-

First be sure you ask the dealer where you are ordering the car if they in fact have an allocation in hand to be filled with your order- If they don't they will have to wait until they have it to get your car from on order to being in the bull pen to be processed-

Once ordered you will want to get a copy of the order placed from the dealership and be sure it has your name and is listed as a sold order- you will have an order number and at some point you get a VON assigned to it which means its going to be built as I understand it- then you wait and wait-

Its easier if you can find one already on the lot - they are selling at MSRP and sometimes over invoice- watch the forum for posts and be sure and have the money ready to pull the trigger-

Be careful about buying one from a re seller if its being sold As New instead of a used car-

Good luck - I love mine and its way better than the 20008 SRT 8 I had- and I do love the auto trans and do not miss the stick I had in my old one= personal choice for me

• Like Like x 1
  8. Killer Kat

Killer Kat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow, your first car is going to be the most powerful factory hot rod ever! You must be so excited! Whatever the wait Its worth it... welcome to the forum and elite HC team. Good luck, keep us updated!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Deadcrustpunk

Deadcrustpunk Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow, what a crazy cool first car- that is rad. Ordering will test your patience- mine was 3 months and 2 weeks, but well worth the wait. If you can shop like the other members said, it might be to your advantage, if not- it will go by quicker than you think

• Like Like x 2
  10. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome from Texas!! Congrats!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the forum.

So you know, cars.com lists right now 253 Blue Challengers across the nation. Should be one out there in your configuration at or below MSRP.

A little self help will land you your Hellcat much quicker. don't be afraid to travel, the trip can save you money and get you a great memory. take a friend and make it a road trip!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf VIP Hellcat Member

Running hard ... in the Wasteland of my Mind.
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If he ordered it, and the dealer submitted the order as a "sold-to" unit with the customer's name on it, the vehicle supposedly gets built and processed faster than if the dealer had just submitted the paperwork as a "stock order" for the lot.

• Like Like x 1
  13. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the Forum. You got great Advice . I am sure you dream Hellcat has already been delivered and waiting on you to pick up. Good luck

Chuck

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. bam bam

bam bam Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome, you will love it the car is a lot of fun, don't go to fast or you will end up in
    DE HO CO:eek:
    Bam Bam

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations and welcome to the hellcat forum from upstate New York. The process is not as bad and is always very rewarding at the end. The wait seems long but I promise you as others can the wait is worth it.
    The feeling of owning the car is great, however the sense of family and community is a much better feeling.
    Good luck and patience will win you dreams that you can't realize until your car comes.
    We will be here with you every step of the way

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1