new family truck

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by huggytree, Feb 24, 2015.

1. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    bought my 2015 All Terrain package GMC SLT Sienna last night
    got a good deal and good trade in...+ it was the only truck within 200 miles with the color/options i wanted and my $2k gm card bonus was going to expire this week

truck is bad ass.....pretty much a poor mans Denalli.....has the Denalli head lights and grill surround with its own unique grill......i never knew this pkg existed.......special rims, painted bumpers, special trim, interior has red highlights everywhere...all buttons and gauges are halo'd in red...fake carbon fiber here and there...z71 pkg.....truck is pretty much loaded....has every option the 2014 CTS for $57k i test drove had except for the cooled seats...even has a power rear window.......it is just HUGE inside....what a change from out Traverse, yet outside its only a bit wider and a few ' longer

i owned a 03 Avalanche and loved it......this reminded me of it....its a bit bouncier (leafs vs the AV's coil springs)....the thing is just cool.....i feel partially erect every time i look at it....then i look at my HC parked next to it and BAMMMMM

barely fits past the lift(has auto folding side mirrors).....also barely fits length wise....i measured ahead of time, but i must have had the wrong measurements i found on line...i was supposed to have over 2' of space.....i actually have about 5" !!!!!

we just lost our access door from the garage to the house...im going to have to screw it shut...anyone who opens it will dent the truck

5.3 now has 355hp.....shocking a truck in 2015 has more HP than a 1969 GTO

color is erridium Metallic-----looks dark grey in the shade almost black...in the sun looks like a mix between dark tan and grey......i didnt want black because it had no sparkles.....this type of truck looks best in a dark color to me....came close to a maroon one....but reminded me of a minivan color

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cruisin1966

Cruisin1966 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No offense, but screw the truck, pull the Hellcat out and whatever is under the car cover and let's look at those. ;)

As a farm-boy, I'm still impressed with the truck

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats! Glad you were able to get what you wanted. At least its domestic.

4. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No MOPAR.... no care.

Just joking... very nice truck.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    [​IMG]

6. Cruisin1966

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Awe, really, a Ford. Sigh. are you schizophrenic ;) No consistency at all.

Honestly, I'm none keen on the color scheme, but I do respect those cars, plenty of acquaintances around here drive them

7. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    got it for -$9300 off sticker (its a 2015).......also $1k extra for my trade than it was worth....and free mud flaps(installed(my guess is $200 worth)....

did well........its a hard to find truck....GM doesnt make many...only found like 12 of them in 200 miles.....most black...very few were SLT's too...only ONE in Irridium Metallic.....i was stuck with 1 dealer......they treated me like crap...worst salesman ever x10....F'd with me on the final deal.........they added my $2k GM credit card discount to the $$ the dealer was deducting....and all the sudden the dealer was -$1500 less than they were on line......they figured with the new -$2000 i wouldnt notice.....WTF.....i got so angry my wife said she could see a vein in my neck....i had to hold it together.....then the idiot sales guy couldnt understand the basic math of it all......he claimed they were not adding $1500.....i had to write it all on paper...each discount 1 by one....still he didnt get it....so i told him to get the manager......he fixed it 20 minutes later....i think they were trying to pull one over on me........they show you a sheet breaking things down with 20 numbers on it......and try to confuse you by combining things oddly.........when i showed up at the dealer he had prep'd the wrong truck.... .he also called me and said he needed $ down to hold it for me since someone else was interested.....turns out he was talking about that same wrong truck...the guy was just an idiot....couldnt get my truck home last night because of it.....they delivered it to my house today......then the sales guy was supposed to show up to explain the features....he calls me at noon and says he has another appointment and cant come.....he is going to get reamed on his evaluation

love the truck......love the color, love the options

8. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    color scheme is 1 of 6

i understand its not for most........most like black and i like to be seen........have you ever seen a more impact GT500 color scheme?...its what i was going for.....i loved it from the second it came up on Fords design a GT500 page

9. Cruisin1966

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like you "earned" it with all the crap you put up with

10. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm still always amazed at how expensive trucks have become, got my 02 Silverado for like 22K, granted awhile ago, but 55-65K for a truck? Kinda crazy if you ask me.

11. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    True, and yet we don't blink at $65k for a Hellcat! LOL. :D

12. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Have almost the same truck. My sticker was 53k with sunroof and I have a 6.2 in my truck. Every thing but cooled seats came with mud flaps.

Bob fish has like 15 in stock

13. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    my sticker was $52k...no 6.2......do you have the All Terrain pkg? dont see how you could and get the 6.2 for a $53k when the base AT is like $50k and the sunroof is $1k

i did a search everywhere for the truck and didnt find 15 within 200 miles....i think your talking about normal SLT's???

would have liked the 6.2, but its not for hauling ass...its for hauling my wifes *ss......and my kids....so fuel economy was more important.....must be nice to have 420hp though in a truck eh?

show me a pic DrBuick.....love to see someone elses

14. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Huggy the truck is nice, you got a good deal. But your hellcat is out Effie standing !

15. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I get 22 with my 6.2 and yes it's a all terrain