New Hellcat Delivery in South Carolina, wonderful day!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by soundman5000, Jul 1, 2015.

1. soundman5000

soundman5000 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had more than a good experience today...I had an incredible experience buying a Hellcat and wanted to share.
    Over a year ago I decided I kinda wanted a Hellcat. I called my normal Dodge dealer / sales manager that I had purchased a Ram from the year before and was told simply "you will not get a Hellcat". That was it. Better part of a year passes and I call again... Same story. " you wont get one".
    When people tell me no it makes me want it that much more so I set out on my quest to find one.
    My search was simple...White or silver with a M6.

I used the Dodge website ( as bad as it is ) and searched inventory in the state. I found a few "in transit" and started calling! on my 1st day of searching I find Sumter Chrysler Dodge in Sumter SC had one shipping soon.
    I called, made an offer, placed a hold with a credit card and 2.5 weeks later I pick up my new ride today!
    The Internet manager Tony Cuffie and then my salesman Bernard English were simply perfect! I highly recommend those guys!

I did have a special request to be at the dealer when the car arrived. The dealer was more than happy to accommodate my request. I was given an almost exact time so about an hour after I arrived I see my cat, all alone on a trailer, turning into the dealership, The entire showroom started buzzing as everyone started walking to the window with excitement and comments like "thats a Hellcat" Who is buying the Hellcat? Was if Van Halen was arriving at the dealership.

This dealer was 100 miles away from me so I was happy I did not have to fly or anything to get my car and I figure thats worth a few hundred to me and the process took only 2.5 weeks. The dealer gave me a better than fair trade for car. I buy and sale lots of cars so I was impressed with my trade offer and I know exactly what my trade was was worth.

Great terms and rate and NO BS! Yes, I paid a few hundred over NOT THOUSANDS ( including processing fee ) but got a VERY strong offer on my trade ( a few thousand more than expected ) So the math truly worked for me this time and I feel good about my purchase.

The best part is how this small Sumter SC dealer made me feel... like a Rock Star (well the car was the rock star but it was MY rock star). When the driver unloaded my cat the entire dealership including techs, service writers, the sales managers, and most if not all the salesman and I think a few customers all walked around back and were truly excited for me and just elated at what a wonderful product Dodge has to offer with the SRT cars. All I can say is the Hellcat is truly a special product that draws a crowd when it arrives!

I took delivery of my new cat with 7 miles today and drove it home and it has exactly 107 miles as it sits in my garage tonight.
    Not only did I get a wonderful car today but it got a wonderful experience!

However, any idea how hard it is driving 100 miles back home in the rain to Murrells Inlet, SC trying to keep it under 55 for proper break-in? Very hard thing to do but not over 55 the 1st 100 Miles tonight! Self control at its best as I like to do break-in by the book!
    WONDERFUL CAR AND DEALER! Good day today....
    I have a few pics!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Mr. Robert Lee Jones

Mr. Robert Lee Jones Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Wow, very cool. Congratulations. Did you trade the sti in your profile pic in on the HC?

3. soundman5000

soundman5000 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, that WRX was traded...Nice car but I am a big car kinda guy... I like V8 torque that most 4 bangers won't give... I got some V8 torque now. LOL I love my new car!
    THX

4. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Grtz! Great write up and pictures. Sounds like you are having a great time in that Cat! Enjoy!

April

5. Mr. Robert Lee Jones

Mr. Robert Lee Jones Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I sold my sti before ordering my HC and I'm pissed I didn't order HC first. Car sold very fast for what I wanted and now I stuck with VON waiting longer than anyone who already has their car. Got to love hearing people with the car claim they waited longer to get it than someone that doesn't have one.

6. CPRHDSRT

CPRHDSRT Pontiac Bred ................. SRT Addicted Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats - a good day indeed - beautiful HC.

7. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats. White is a great color. So many new things to check out and discover about your HC. Expect the attention to continue as you show it off around town and to friends and neighbors. Sometimes I just get in mine and cruise around town...yes within the speed limit. Just a rush to know you have it if you need it and you have nothing to prove to anyone. The little cats head badging on the side does all the talking for you.;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. bugeye1959

bugeye1959 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    welcome to the low country hellcat owners group. i live in beaufort and have a white m6. love the car, as i am sure you will also. i was lucking to be able to pick my hellcat up at butler dodge 15 miles away from my house, after the person that ordered it backed out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on you cat!

10. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats and welcome to the growing HC family. I am sure the White HC looks great as you are cruising around/near Hilton Head Island.

11. Richard g

Richard g Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on your new baby. Looks great. I'll watch for you in Murrells Inlet as I'm cruising in my Pitch Black Hellcat.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TURNERZ

TURNERZ Rocket Science for the Road

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats! Excellent find and shows that determined buyers can buy one of these exquisite machines at a very good price.

Enjoy your ride!

Turnerz

13. Chris33

Chris33 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Car looks awesome. Love the White Challenger Hellcat! Congrats. What a beast

• Like Like x 1
  14. Odin

Odin Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations! Welcome to the White Hellcat Club!

• Like Like x 1
  15. digdug33071

digdug33071 SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great color. Enjoy!