SRT Hellcat Forum banner

New Hellcat - didnt make it home (Overheat) *still out*

26K views 135 replies 58 participants last post by  bolivarshagnasty 
#1 ·
Hi All

Got to pick up one of my dream cars last night...a MY16 Granite Challenger Hellcat.

Picked the car up with 11 miles....

On the way home...at about 20 miles car overheated. I pulled over as soon as it was safe....
I could see coolant on the undercarriage and nothing in the reservoir.....

Called Dodge roadside and got the car towed to a dealer that I have had great experience with in the past (2005 300c srt8)....Westbury Dodge in Long Island, NY.

Hoping for the best...

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Same exact thing happened to me at 100 miles on mine. Turned out the fan relay connector was full of water with no explanation of how it got there. The dealer tech dried it out and I was on my way the next day. FCA paid for my hotel as I was driving it back to Minnesota from where I bought it in Indiana.

No problems since. Great color, BTW;)!

#10 ·
First of all welcome to the forum from upstate New York

Secondly I am glad that you are safe and ok. The car will be fine and as long as you shut ift off before it overheated (meaning it didn't cut out) you will he ok.
Sorry to hear about your issue. Today should have been filled with joy and happiness. If you think that way and push forward your hellcat will rule the work

Good luck with the repairs and I hope you get your car back tomrw. Take some time and enjoy it and have some fun
Welcome to the hellcat family and community

Take care and be safe

#16 ·
Hahaha, well, trust me, the hassle of taking time out of my day is the problem. I just feel that problems early on are better, because it can be resolved, and you will now be aware of it in case it happens again in the future. Also, any work performed by the dealer, is backed by the dealer. They fix it, then it breaks again, it's their responsibility to fix it, again. New cars like these, are still having small issues worked out. Why worry.

Reactions: impex4 and april77
#23 ·
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the Hellcat and all the best for a quick fix. Hopefully it's nipped in the bud. Drive safe and Cheers !!!

#24 ·
Man, that's tough. Echo other comments, great attitude! Hope you have a quick fix and are up and running quickly.

Congrats on landing a beautiful cat!!! How do I know how great it looks :cool::p:D???

My Granite, Brass Monkey, Black/Ruby is a 1 of 2. Are you the other one?

Reactions: impex4
#25 ·
Years ago I purchased a new Ford work van that left me stranded on the way home at 32 miles. I was told from the dealer the wiring harness burned up and was offered to come pick out another van but it would be more money. The problem was I had purchased the last of that model year at a great discount and the body had been redesigned and I hated the new look and I was not going to spend any more money.
I was not a happy camper as it kinda takes the fun out of buying a new car / truck when you don't get home with it.

I wanted the van I purchased but explained how being stranded on the drive home with a new van was not ideal and I questioned how well the van would preform in the future. I asked for the van to be repaired and a FREE extended warranty given to me. The dealer was MORE that happy to offer me a free warranty.

When the dealer contacts you may I suggest simply ask for something... all the dealer can do is say no. It would make you feel better about the situation would it not? It did me many years ago but some of these dealers are well... y'all know...

I do know dealers want happy customers when filling out that five star survey that will arrive in a few weeks. I would explain how a free warrantee would insure a five star rating on that survey...

I bet you get that warrantee ...

Good luck and I do know how you feel... It is a great car but would be even better with a free extended warranty, a free hat, oil change or something.

#28 ·
That really sucks, hope it's nothing major and they make amends!

Reactions: impex4
#29 ·
I see your problem...you forgot to remove those splitter protectors. Car got upset that you made it ugly and threw up on you.

FYI...I see you're new here, don't take my comment too harsh, it's a long running joke between 2 groups of people with varying opinions on the yellow splitter protectors. All if fun....hope it gets fixed fast for you (I had my radiator replaced in my 2015)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.