New Hellcat owner P0300 code at 316 miles

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Lacan, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Lacan

Lacan Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I recently purchased a new sublime green Hellcat on August 25. Coming from a scat pack, I've been following the break in procedure to the letter. Previously a week ago when I used remote start, it almost died within seconds of the start up. However it was cold, so I brushed it off as nothing. Yesterday after work on a sunny day, I used remote start to let it warm up. It dies within seconds, I manually get inside the car and it starts right up. CEL kicks on and a P0300 code. Research from google states it's multiple misfire code. I thought perhaps I've been babying it too much, it could be built up carbon. Nearest dealer is 60 miles away so I take take her on the freeway. She drives fine, no lack of power or missing, CEL never turns off. At the dealer I check for more codes and for a split second it states cam shaft spinning to slow, however it disappeared and popped only P0300. Dealership took her and will get to her when they can due to the busy previous holiday weekend. Anyone else have this issue with their cat?

2. gabe

gabe Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I got the same code with only 1400 miles on my challenger hellcat. My car started rough for a second and then I got the code. Took it to the dealer and they said the cause of the rough idle was 181906BS module and they flashed the Powertrain Control (PCM)

3. gabe

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Why is the response for servicing your car the same at every dealership. It will be 2 or 3 weeks before we can look at your hellcat. Do they really hate to work on them.

4. fnkychkn

fnkychkn swollen member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    not to scare you but you might want to search for threads with "misfire" in the title. thought i saw more than one with a leaky intercooler.

5. gabe

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    On my car the coolant level was normal and no coolant loss.

6. got2fly

got2fly Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Any update yet?