New Hellcat Owner

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by torpedovegas21, Sep 12, 2015.

1. torpedovegas21

torpedovegas21 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So I just recently put in an order for a 16 challenger hellcat. I'm looking to have the car Novemberish, hopefully. I need some info on what to do/get once she arrives. I am honestly a little nervous, this is my first car of this caliber that I will have owned so I am not sure what I am getting myself into as far as maintenance, storage, TLC, etc... I live in Missouri which has pretty unpredictable weather and I won't have a garage until I move next summer. Just curious as to what you guys do to your cats in order to keep them looking fresh and the first thing you did once she arrived.

2. torpedovegas21

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I definitely considered that but this will be my daily driver so it's my only mode transportation :(

3. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    << what he said

Buy some beater honda or toyota for cheap to drive in the snow. I'm in Oklahoma and we have similar weather. You don't want to drive this car in the snow/ice/sleet/salt. Let that baby hibernate and bring her out on the sunny days.

4. torpedovegas21

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Is any of that snow/ice/sleet/salt able to be cleaned or maintained at all in the winter time? I'm sure it would be a lot of work but would that work outweigh buying a beater and insuring it?

5. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The first thing I did when Dante arrived was to order the mopar splash guards and have them installed. These tires will throw rocks and other road trash up on your paint. I know a lot of people had CQuartz or film protectants applied to their Cats when they frst arrived, but I have not bothered with that since I will be getting a paint job for Dante, hopefully sometime next year. :)

April

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. torpedovegas21

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes! That's what I'm talking about. Splash guards and CQuartz. Check. I also plan on getting a car cover of course but like i said i really don't know what extra odds n ends I need for this monster.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. sinister707

sinister707 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    can you give me the part number for those :)

8. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Comes in a pair, off the Mopar site is $65 for front, $65 for rear. I ordered them through my dealer and they were a lil less than the Mopar site, and several people have said on the different splash guard threads scattered about the forum that they got them cheaper on EBay, so you might want to look there, also.

Front Splash Guard set: #82214141

Rear Splash Guard set: #82214142

Hope that helps! :)

April

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would buy a winter beater,,1500 can get you a decent car,, that way you don't mess up your hellcat...

10. Frehley6986

Frehley6986 Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You will need different tires. If you try to drive this car without different tires make sure your insurance is paid up as you are going to wreck it IF you can even get it going in the snow.

• Like Like x 1
  11. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I bought mine thinking it would be my daily through the winter as well. My real brain then took over and said that would be unsafe. There's no way this thing will give you any confidence in the snow. Get yourself another car for the winter. I just ended up getting a Wrangler for the cool looks and 4WD. Change your insurance on the HC to leisure vehicle and use the other car as your daily. You'll end up being right around the same insurance by simply changing the HC to a weekend driver.

12. GALTCAT

GALTCAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'd get a car cover, approx $400. The one I got specifically for the HC, works really well, easy to put on and take off. Very light-weight, made out of nylon or some material I'm not sure of.

13. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine, stays in the garage all winter, just fire and theft,, home owners insurance covers everything else

14. GALTCAT

GALTCAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I put the cover on even when it is the garage. Don't want to take any chances on dust and varmints

• Like Like x 1
  15. torpedovegas21

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I figured this would be the general reaction to this thread, although I didn't want to believe it :(. I should only need this beater for 3-4 months out of the year (on a good year in MO). It gets cold but snow is very random in when it falls and the amount we get so the beater would be just for those days.

I've been looking around and it seems I can find a honda or something with 100k+ miles on it for about a grand. I definitely agree that would be far less expensive than snow tires and wheels, not to mention the upkeep and wear and tear I would avoid on my hellcat. This is my first car of this caliber so your expert opinions are invaluable. Thanks again guys!

• Like Like x 1