New Member and proud HC Owner...Los Angeles

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by MuscleGarageLA, Mar 20, 2015.

1. MuscleGarageLA

MuscleGarageLA SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi all, New member from Redondo Beach(LA County) CA, Roman. Awesome site with lots of good info. and friendly folks across the board. Been a long time lurker and have been following this site closely for any new updates/developments. I feel as if i already know most of you amazing folks out here.:)

Purchased my Challenger Hellcat on 2/26 from a dealer in nearby Orange County CA. Walked in to the dealership(determined to walk out with the HC) and picked out one sitting on the lot which was exactly as i would have ordered...therefore tailor-made for my unique requirements..lol. 3 hours later walked out with the HC after reluctantly trading in my Bone stock 2014 Camaro ZL1 and after some hardcore negotiations on the ADM. I paid $6000 over msrp. Like Huggytree, I also own a 2014 Mustang GT500 triple black...bone stock.

Chose Torred Red, my personal favorite color(heavy bias..naturally) as it has been featured in so many official DODGE reviews, marketing campaigns and even saw one on You Tube inside Jay Leno's garage. Love the fact that it has very distinct orangey hues at different angles under light. Fell in love with the car/color instantly and never looked back. I feel very lucky to be getting this car with all of the chaos, craziness going on. It would be my humble endeavor to represent this car/company to the best of of my abilities. My only regret is letting the ZL1 go, and that i could not hold on to all 3 iconic cars or the holy trinity of muscle cars..that would have been some car nirvana if i could have managed to keep all 3. I Sincerely hope everybody gets theirs soon. No one should be denied this opportunity or ownership privilege.

Some random pics from my muscle garage:D:

DSC02770.JPG DSC02771.JPG DSC02772.JPG DSC02783.JPG DSC02788.JPG DSC02776.JPG DSC02786.JPG DSC02785.JPG DSC02780.JPG

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Billet Hellcat

Billet Hellcat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome SoCal brother glad you got the HC in the color you wanted.
    What is your thoughts of the HC ? You had the top 2 supercharged Chevy & Fords so how does the HC compair to you ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Profezzor X

Profezzor X Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the forum. I'm a year away from getting my Hellcat, but I'm Hellbent on making it the very last car I buy for myself in 2016 before sending my kids off to college...

• Like Like x 1
  4. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  5. MuscleGarageLA

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks a ton guys, for the warm welcome.

Billet Hellcat, this car is a beast! Most intimidating monstrosity on wheels. I felt quite confident about being able to handle the HC, having driven the insane Shelby and the wonderful ZL1 on a regular basis. However this car is in a league of its own.
    Most responsive and aggressive acceleration at your disposal which is almost intoxicating if you ask me:D. Breaking in has been a real PITA and I did 93 mph during my first run without even realizing it. :pHowever i have maintained some decorum and discipline ever since...

Honestly the ZL1 felt quite sluggish compared to this speed demon, although the ZL1 was the best handling out of the three...almost the perfect, most well behaved, all round cruiser/touring car.

Profezzor X, hope you snag the HC soon and please convey my warm regards to your family and best of luck to your kids.

Thanks TigWelder:)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Billet Hellcat

Billet Hellcat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm curious why you decided to sell the ZL1 and keep the GT500 and not the other way around ? Do you feel the GT500 was a better car than the ZL1?

• Like Like x 1
  7. MuscleGarageLA

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Billet Hellcat...I could never sell the GT500. That's my first muscle car. It is the only manual gear/ Stick shift car I would ever own...and it gives me gobs of pleasure each time I take it out. My first priority was to secure the "elusive" hellcat and I knew I had to sacrifice one out of the two in order to do that(finances etc) therefore...sadly the ZL1 had to go. BTW, my HC is an 8spd auto. I wouldn't have it any other way. I have driven both auto and my friend's manual and I have to say that this is the most sophisticated and advanced auto that I have ever come across....umm maybe my 8spd 1500 5.7 hemi "Black Ram" has something to say about that....LOL

I still maintain that the zl1 is the better all around car (perhaps the best out of the three) as far as handling is concerned, it has the state of the art Heads up Display with all the relevant driver oriented data, Ceramic brakes, Magnetic Suspension(same as used in super cars like Ferrari's) and last but not the least....580bhp is by no means a mediocre accomplishment. It used to pack quite a punch itself. But it is those insane beastly characteristics about the gt500 which I absolutely love.

Some pics of the "workhorse" ZL1...before it had to make way for the HC :

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  8. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, and welcome! Grtz on scoring the HellCat!

April

• Like Like x 1
  9. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and congrats!

• Like Like x 1
  10. MuscleGarageLA

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks a lot April for those very kind words! Hope you are enjoying your HC as much as I am.

Roman

• Like Like x 1
  11. MuscleGarageLA

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks a lot Magnum. Hope you are doing well and enjoying that wonderful HC you have.

12. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Finally!!! A guy that introduces himself and his new car with PROPER pictures. Congratulations. Beautiful carS in those pictures.

Tored is second fastest (just ask Tammie)... Right after Sublime ;). Welcome and congrats!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LOL "Scoring a Hellcat"... I like that. It's like scoring the popular girl (or guy) to go to the prom with ;).... He scored alright. Several times looking at his signature. Great taste in cars!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. MuscleGarageLA

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the warm reception srt_HC_707. I love the sublime green as well, if someday, I ever get down to getting the scat pack ( shaker) it would definitely be in that color.

15. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I pretty much like all the colors. Some more than others but I'm realizing I like them all. Only some fun ribbing here since I have Sublime. The Torred is stunning!

BTW that GT500 is hot. What a nice color/stripe combo. Very subtle but sharp and mean. I hope the snake and the cat are getting along well in the garage!

Edit: Why do I always want to spell Torred as Tored!

• Like Like x 1