New Member From Central Wisconsin

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Big D HC, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Big D HC

Big D HC Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello Everyone,

Well, the time is near. I am at KZ status with my Hellcat. My dealer is telling me in the next week or so they should see it on the truck. The dealer detail printout is telling me ETA between 2/11/16 and 2/17/16. What has been the experience of members here from KZ to delivery, time wise? Just curious.

I am very surprised how fast the overall process has moved after reading the stories of delay from members on the forum. The initial order documentation with my dealer was on December 5, 2015. Without a VON, I knew this was just verification I was serious. Below are the solid status dates I know from my car.

BA - Order placed on January 13, 2016 VON HC118056
    D - Firm Schedule - January 19, 2016 received VIN 2C3CDZC98GH199583
    D1 - Gateline Schedule - January 25, 2016
    KZ - Released by Plant/Invoiced - February 2, 2016 Brampton - Ingate/Rebay at Facility
    KZ - Released by Plant /Invoiced - February 7, 2016 Battle Creek MI - Rail Equipment Delayed/Held at Location

I would really like to be at the dealer when it arrives, but fear some previous travel plans will prevent this from happening. He said he will take pictures for me.

I previously posted the description of my car in the "Welcome" thread but will copy it here as well for everyone to read.

I sold my plum crazy 70 Charger for this car, so the only color choice for me was plum crazy. The black satin hood was required to match my 69 A12. Brass Monkey wheels because I like the contrast in color. No sunroof. I need the extra headroom in the car (hence the surname Big D). It also adds weight were it shouldn't be.

Transmission is the auto. I want to ride in this car and drive it when needed. The interior is the black/sepia. Finally, I had the block heater added just because. I will never drive it in the winter, but for another $100, why not. I am going to do some custom stripe work at the back of the car. It is just missing something there.

After reading some other threads, January 13 appears to have been a popular day to order your Hellcat. I hope everyone else's experience is going as well as mine. I tried the live chat on the owners page, but they were not able to tell me anymore status detail than my dealer did.

I am excited to get this car even though I will trailer it home with the current weather we have here in Wisconsin.

D

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. CPRHDSRT

CPRHDSRT Pontiac Bred ................. SRT Addicted Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and Congrats Big D !!! Sounds like your HC is close. Great color choice. Crazy (no pun intended) how quickly they are building and shipping cars right now. My car went D1 to KZX in 32 days. Got to drive it a whooping 9 miles home the night before the Jan blizzard, it has been peacefully hibernating ever since. Man - what a tease - can't wait for spring and some more seat time.

3. Tanner

Tanner Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

4. Big D HC

Big D HC Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks CPR.... Yes, our weather is a tease. The first few months of my warranty are going to be sitting in the garage next to the Bee. It is a bit ironic for me. The Bee was finished in 8/15 and a medical issue stopped me from driving it more than 30 miles.

So, now I will have two beasts in the garage waiting for the spring thaw.

D

5. Tanner

Tanner Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Big D, trucking can hold up shipping to it's final distinction. My HC railed to MSP, then trucked to Little Chicago. Congratz on that Plum Cat.

6. specl4ss

specl4ss Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats & welcome to the forum.

7. iya0yas

iya0yas Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on your new HC... I think you made the right choice with your color combo. :rolleyes: I've been thinking about adding a rear stripe as well but haven't seen many examples on PCP challengers. Please post pic's if/when you add the stripe.

8. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats and welcome. FYI....the day you got your VIN...1/19.... would be officially known as D status. One letter only. You are going to love this car and especially the A8.:D

9. Big D HC

Big D HC Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the welcome everyone. I am really looking forward to some modern muscle versus the old school cars I own or have owned over the years.

I am thinking a simple black OEM tail stripe with a custom logo placed in it like the old school R/T's.

I do want to be at Brickners when it comes in so the rail to Minneapolis/truck to Wausau may buy me the time I need to return home for its arrival.

At the end of the day I would like to have the dates the car was at each order status. Does anyone know where this information is available? Thanks for the "D" status definition.

D

10. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats! Delivery didn't take as long as I thought....took only a week. And I'm in S/E Wisconsin....

11. Big D HC

Big D HC Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow, that was fast. Did you have to deal with rail or just trucking? My personal business experience with rail is very slow....and they tend to loose very large items...way bigger than cars.

D

12. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats!
    Timeline is so short compare to last year

Hoping you get some good weather when she gets there

13. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome

14. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was surprised too. I was notified the car shipped on the 27th of July, and I was driving the car August 1st. I assumed it was delivered rail...dealer picked it up in some major yard near Chicago. Could be I didn't get notified on the actual ship date, and it was already in transit. But I do know the sticker on the door has a build date of 7/15...

The long wait was waiting for it to be built. I ordered the car the 2nd of February!!

15. Shasta's Dad

Shasta's Dad Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and Congrats:D