New member from the Houston area.

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by OLD_GOAT, Jan 25, 2016.

1. OLD_GOAT

OLD_GOAT Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I'm here to soak up some information. I go by OLD_GOAT (when I bought a 2005 Pontiac GTO and was one of the older guys in the Houston that was a part of the Houston Goat Herd so I used that handle then and since then on GTO, G8, Corvette, a couple of Charger forums) and have been on several car forums using the same username. I'm from the Houston area and love cars.

Right now we have a 2015 Charger SRT and a 2015 Chevy Corvette Z51. The other day I saw a Hellcat Challenger and was amazed what a nice looking and bad azz car it is. Of course the car is on the showroom floor and they're not going to let anybody drive it. So right now, it's time to study. One thing I did today was to get with my car insurance company and the difference between the Corvette and a Hellcat Challenger is a little under $20 a month, which isn't enough money to concern me.

I had read someplace or someone told me that the HC Challengers were pretty much on the road by now, and most of the guys who had to have the car now have theirs. So I'm thinking a vast majority of the HC are going for MSRP and not the dreaded 'market adjustment'. The only money over MSRP that I'll pay is tax, title, and license. That's it! I could've won that 1.5 billion power ball and still won't pay over MSRP, as it's a matter of principle. I did an autotrader search in the Houston area and found two or three with MSRP of $70,xxx and the price was $80,xxx. So they had the dreaded $10,000 market adjustment.

So now I'm going to roll up my sleeves and read most of the threads here and learn.

Before going further........on the Corvette forums we have several dealerships that guys buy a car from and have it shipped or they fly there and drive the car back. They're called sponsored dealerships or something like that. Most cars are really marked down. Are there any Dodge dealerships that sell a ton of HC where I could get some off MSRP? Are there any sponsor dealerships? Are there any guys from the Southeast part of Texas who know what dealerships don't play games but give a fair deal? I'm going to the Houston auto show this Friday (1/29/16) and will try to make some connections there. Who knows what may happen, however at this time I'm not holding my breath for a good deal.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, and welcome! There are several people here on the forum that have either driven or flown to get their Hellcat, and then drive it home, but I do not know if any of those trips were sponsored by the dealerships in question. I am certain that the forum members that made that trip will be able to tell you for certain after they read your post.

My Hellcat was in the first batch to be released last year, and I got it for MSRP. There is a purchasing section here on the forum, people are posting leads there almost daily, and the vast majority of the leads are selling for MSRP (especially with the 2016's). Keep checking this section: SRT Hellcat Purchasing ... perhaps you will find your dream Cat posted there! :) Good Luck!

April

• Like Like x 1
  3. BLK_MAGIC

BLK_MAGIC VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and enjoy..a wealth of knowledge here.

4. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the Forum as April said I don't know of any dealers selling under MSRP. That will most likely be your best deal. I traveled out of state and bought at MSRP. I think that is very do able. You will recieve the information here about your buy and hunt for a Hellcat. Good luck and welcome.

Chuck

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome aboard and good luck on your value purchase search

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and good luck on your cat hunt. I live in League City Texas and i talked to several dealerships from here, Alvin and the Houston area and I kept getting the round around from all of them even though they were all very happy to try and take a deposit. I went with a local dealership and gave them my deposit. After a lot of running around from the dealer and never having any answers for me a member here on the Hellcat forum posted a Cat for sale in South Carolina for msrp. I jumped on it quick fast and in a hurry and I caught that cat. ;)

Be patient, Keep an eye on this forum and be willing to travel and you'll catch your Cat. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome, and thank you for helping restore my faith in humanity...

;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. ppowell1983

ppowell1983 BANNED Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the family, there are 5 or 6 hellcats here in the Chicagoland area that sell cars at MSRP. I can help you find one here in Chicago if your looking to come this way. I would be willing to pick you up from the airport and pre inspect the car for you. Just PM me. I don't work for any dealer, just want to help a fellow car lover find their machine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ron Carter in league city sells at msrp (that's where me and a few others in here bought our 2015 model at msrp even in the crazy markup days).

Also tomball Dodge was selling at msrp at least on the phone when I talked to them in August of 2014 so you might check there.

10. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    U will find one for msrp and u don't have to leave the Lone Star State!!!
    Welcome aboard!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. specl4ss

specl4ss Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the forum!!

12. OLD_GOAT

OLD_GOAT Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Is there a 'go to' salesman at Ron Carter that those who bought their cars from used? I want to be able to go to one salesman, tell him that I'm on a car forum and several of the forum members bought their cars from him. This would steer me to one salesman and give me a bit of credibility, which would possible make things easier for me.

After the ordeal of buying our 2015 Charger SRT at Northwest, I'm not looking for another battle. I can hold my own, but I'm getting a bit old, which means I can be a grouch if someone is trying to screw me out of money.

13. Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics Silver Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the forum!

Nick C.

14. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bobby Pate is the main guy I dealt with, but he doesn't do the actual sale, he's like their manager. So start with Bobby and tell him Brian Zultowski sent you, I bought a pitch black A8 from him last March.

15. OLD_GOAT

OLD_GOAT Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Guys, it was nice visiting with you here, however even if I get the car at $500 under MSRP, I'm still getting killed on trading in the Vette. I'm just not prepared to lose around $15,000 through $20,000 for a Hellcat. I was very serious until I got some really solid figures, then I thought about it and made my decision.

The other night I did turn a bone stock 11.63 @ 118.76 in my Vette and I have a set of long tubes, catted X, CAI, and a tuner that I will put on the car. I'm also thinking about getting into the forced induction game by spending a partial bit of money that I would've lost and buying a procharger for the car.

I'm a car guy who drives a Vette, not a Vette guy who drives a Vette. We still have our 2015 Charger SRT sleeping next to the Vette every night, so I do still have some Mopar in my veins.

I do love the Hellcats, either Challenger or Charger, however the time isn't right to make this purchase. If I didn't have a trade in, I would've already ordered the Hellcat.

DSCN0222.JPG DSCN0183.JPG

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016