New member from VT- 15 Year Old Mopar Maniac

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Cole Quintin, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Cole Quintin

Cole Quintin Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello,

I am Cole Quintin from Vermont.. I'm glad to introduced myself to this wonderful site. Now.. I know what some of you may be thinking.. "15 year old?!??!" and "Dreamer" and I know.. I get that a lot. But despite what people think I have my goals.

I have worked very hard the past 5 years or so. So, Here is my story.

In September of 2010, I had a MINT condition 2008 450cc Raptor, When they recently closed the local sand pits and trails because of people getting injured I decided I wanted to get a car instead as I was getting bored with the wheeler. I ended up selling it for $1,700.. Within two months I had another $800 saved up after working VERY hard mowing lawns, picking up leaves etc. I then was on the search for a father and son project for my Dad and I, I knew I didn't want anything given to me so I wanted to work on it together but still pay for everything I would put in it. I ended up with a 1968 Dodge Dart 2dr Hardtop. It needed a lot.. But was all I could afford at the time. I paid $2,200 cash for that car. Within the next 3 years I began buying and selling cheap cars, Buying old mopars and parting them out, doing everything I can to afford to build that car. I ended up sinking over $20,000 in just parts in to that car, No labor as we did everything ourself except the finishing body work. Car was working out to be a total custom labor of love. Everything was brand new or custom built. Well, long story short, I realized I was getting too paranoid about the car, Everything and I mean everything was custom and clean. With the way I was going, I would've had easy another $50,000 into the car.. I ended up taking huge loss in 2014 and selling the car and all the parts for $8,000. I then started looking for another car I could use as a nice driver.. Wanted something I could drive and have it not become another full custom build. I stumbled on buying a VERY nice, Super solid 1962 Dodge Polara from California. I didn't waste any time at all ripping into it, I had it all done and ready for paint at the body shop when someone called me up and offered me something I couldn't refuse in cash.. Although I wasn't planning on selling, Everything was for sale.. Including Body work, I had about $7,000 into the polara.. I ended up selling it for $12,900 the way it was. moving on from that, I decided I was done with the projects and was on the search for a nice driver mopar already done. I found my Uncles 1966 Charger on craigslist, Didn't even know he was selling it. I jumped on it right off. (Keep in mind, This was less then 60 days ago) The charger was fully built with a 500" stroker in it, built 727 trans, Eaton 3.91 8 3/4 and on and on, only problem was that it was eventually going to need paint. We went down to North Carolina last month and picked it up, Well low and behold I guess someone got ahold that I owned the car because they called me up and said they wanted it. It wasn't in the plan but on the way back to Vermont we stopped and traded it for a full frame off restored 1955 Chevy Belair, Absolutely Beautiful car. Just a couple weeks ago I unloaded the 55 and gave it a full detail and listed it for sale right off as I am not a chevy person at all. This Monday someone bought the car and wired me $40,000.

.. Rest of story to come..

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cole Quintin

Cole Quintin Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was then deciding what to do, I do understand most kids my age would be happy with anything, and don't get me wrong, I was very happy but I needed to decide what to do as I get my license next April . So.. Tuesday night we went to our local Dodge dealer who we deal with all the time and they are a blast, We bring the drag cars to their Mopar day car show and my parents have always bought their cars from them, My dad even worked there before leaving and opening up his own business. Well anyway, I told them what I was looking for.. a New 2015-16 Dodge Challenger, Preferably 392 Scat Pack.. They had three of them there.. I took a look at everything they had, They even showed me the v6s.Pftt.. We ended up driving a 2015 Sublime Scat Pack 392 M6 car.. Had 2,000 miles on it, Was already lowered, and had tinted windows, and exhaust, I realized quickly I didn't like the M6 though, So we kept looking.. There was a brand new 2016 Redline red scatpack on the lot that they just got in, but it was also a M6 car.

We wondered into the dealer and all that they had left to look at were two Hellcats, I immediately fell in love, both were brand new 2016 Black. One was a charger and one was a challenger, I loved the look of the charger as it was black with the black stripes but, Its a 4 door.. So We diverted back to the challenger.. This one was loaded.. Sunroof, A8, Red seat belts, etc.. But .. It was all BLACK.. Everything was BLACK.. To much IMO. My dealer sells all the hellcats at MSRP.. This one was $70,000 on the dot for us. I talked to them the rest of the night and explained what I wanted. They explained how they couldn't make anymore orders on 2016s s they had reached their Quota.. We split our ways and after checking on what the insurance would be like, We called them up and long story short I am #1 on the list at our dealer for a 2017 Hellcat Challenger. They will give me the call as soon as they are told they can take orders and then I will go in and sit down and do the order. I can't wait! Please keep in mind that I have worked very hard to get to this point.. Sure My Parents have helped, With going to get cars, taking time off etc. but everything to this point has been paid for by Me, Myslef a I and I wouldn't have it any other way.. There is a certain gratification in doing everything yourself and watching it pay off in the big end..

• Like Like x 3
  3. Cole Quintin

Cole Quintin Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    And I know there will be people who will say that I can't handle the car and this and that, But I know in fact I would only get it if I could handle it. I Have grown up at the race track. We drag race NHRA throughout the whole country.. We are on the road 70% of the summer racing, and I wouldn't have it any other way, It is in my blood, It is my passion.

Here are our drag cars.. 4-16-15 R2 005.jpg

We actually just sold the 1972 H/SA car and are now building another 1970 Cuda. utriirw.png

4. Cole Quintin

Cole Quintin Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Here are some pictures of my dart, As I sold it.

unnamedgklu.jpg
    . gjhgfj%20(Copy).jpg

5. Cole Quintin

Cole Quintin Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The 1966 Charger
    PA310001.jpg

6. Cole Quintin

Cole Quintin Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    And the 55.. untitled.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat
    Record Holder
    Fastest HC Charger/Record Holder

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome from the East side of Pa, Beautiful Bucks County.
    You have a great story and love of cars. I too had my first car before my license, and yes it was Mopar!
    You seem to have a lot of drive and ambition. Being able to set goals and achieve them, will always help make dreams come true.
    There just isn't anyway a Hell Cat is going to fall out of the sky and land on your porch...LOL
    Keep up the hard work, I'll be looking forward to you in the future posting a picture of yourself in your Hell Cat, of course with a big grin on your face!:D

Good Luck!
    Linda:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cole Quintin

Cole Quintin Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Thanks a lot Linda.. That's the way I look at it also.. Life is short and If you want something, you have to work for it and get it

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good morning and welcome from upstate NY. Your story is tremendous and your passion is even better. I love the pics of the cars and thank you for posting. You will never regret getting a hellcat. There are subtle changes for 17 and you could see it before end of the year. I wish you the best of luck in the meantime. Take care and keep on keeping on!!!!!

10. Cole Quintin

Cole Quintin Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Thanks! Means a lot! I wonder how much they will change from a 16 to a 17..Hmm.

11. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    When I see or talk to someone I will post some info for you as well as everyone else.
    Take care Cole

12. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, and welcome! Enjoyed reading your story, and thank you for joining us!!

April

13. Cole Quintin

Cole Quintin Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Thanks a lot.. Love this site already!

14. Killer Kat

Killer Kat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the forum, what a wonderful story! I've always been taught to work for the things you want... Sounds like you are as well! I also am a drag racer (bracket) 68 Formula S Barracuda small block. I love my HC and know you will when you get yours. Continue to set goals and work for what you want and you will be very successful! I look forward to future updates from you! Good luck with the family race team...
    Wayne
    Pasadena Md

15. Cole Quintin

Cole Quintin Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Thanks!! I will update everyone as I go!